Don't be shellfish...Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on Reddit

Good day Razzballers. Here is the cheat sheet for .5 PPR Leagues. These are the newest, but there hasn’t been a ton of movement in the rankings so the Non-PPR and 1 PPR Cheat Sheets are still valid. I will update those again, but I’m on vacation!

All of the news about Chris Johnson, Arian Foster and Peyton Manning is fluid and the rankings aren’t, so make sure you keep an eye on what is going on out there in the real world, no not the real, real world, but NFL. The real world is scary, especially if it’s on MTV.

From Around The Web

1. xopchipili says:

perfect timing, drafting my first .5 PPR league tomorrow

feels weird being back on this side of the site

now I know how Bo Jackson must have felt this time of year

minus the talent and the millions of dollars

2. Chris says:
    (link)

Which Steve Smith is at 39 and 74? CAR or PHI?

Thanks

3. Marty Funkhouser says:
    (link)

@Doc: Originally had this in the Peyton Manning post but I think I just missed you there. Need to do a two for one trade or just drop someone because I need to open a roster spot for a kicker week 1.

My bench/trade bait is:
    Chad Ochocinco
    Marshawn Lynch
    Knowshon Moreno
    Tim Hightower
    Lance Moore

Suggestions? Does Ochostinko and Marshawn for Stevie Johnson sound okay to you? The guy with Johnson is a huge Patriots fan apparently, so I’m thinking I’ll open with an offer for his Hakeem Nicks then lower it to Stevie if/when he declines. Who would you least mind losing out of that group if I can’t work out a trade before next week?

4. Nick says:
    (link)

I’ve got a trade question… only my second year in a keeper PPR-auction league. I kept rodgers, raising his salary to $26 out of $100. I also ended up drafting Flacco and Eli pretty cheap.

I’ve got someone offering me MJD at the same price straight up for Rodgers. Jahvid Best is probably the number 1 back right now.

Should I go for it? Any help will be appreciated as much as the advice and wise cracks on the sites…..

5. DDT says:

Doc,

I need to drop one of these three WRs in order to get under a salary cap:

Britt @ $8.8M
    Collie @ $8.4M
    Amendola @ $7.9M

1 pt. PPR. No points for return yardage. Bonus points for 40+ yd. TDs. All TDs 6 pts.

I’m leaning Collie due to knee & ankle mystery injuries, though the STL WR situation is muddled.

What say ye?

6. Commish Cauda says:
    (link)

the link doesn’t work for me?

7. herschel says:
    (link)

@Doc: 4th pick in a 12 team ppr league. top 3 now looking like it may go ap, rice, jc leaving me to choose between foster and his gimpy hamstring, cj and his newly signed contract with no training camp or mccoy. who do you like best of those options?

thanks!

8. Link is Broken says:
    (link)

Hey, i think there may be a problem with the screenshot link as it is not working.

It would be much appreciated if you could fix this.

9. WDE05 says:

Hey Doc…

Going back to my question re: trading Mike Vick for Matt Ryan + Mike Wallace. With the projections I’m using, Vick is projected to score 396 points for the season which puts him as the top scorer in the league by a pretty good margin with Brady being 2nd at 372. Matt Ryan is projected to score 343 and Wallace 193. My current wideouts are Harvin and Mike Thomas and they are projected to score 158 and 137 respectively.

So based on that, it appears the trade would roughly be a wash in terms of stats over the full season for my starting lineup. The wild card is whether Vick will stay healthy and produce the kind of #s he’s projected to bring in. It also seems like some people are really high on Ryan (my projections I’m using from thehuddlle.com have him as the #5 QB) while you have him at #10 and ESPN has him at 11.

If you’re in my shoes, do you make the move or try to look for something else that’s more of a clear win?

10. Doc

Doc says:
    (link)

@xopchipili: Good to have you back!

@Chris: Carolina Smith is 34

@Marty Funkhouser: I think that sounds like a good plan.

@Nick: I wouldn’t make that trade. MJD doesn’t have as much long term value as Rodgers and is an injury risk. I could see trading him for a younger top 10 back.

@DDT: Amendola is safer than Collie, but Collie has a MUCH higher ceiling. I’d lean keeping Collie for his upside.

@Commish Cauda: Does it work now?

@herschel: CJ

@Link is Broken: @Commish Cauda: Any better?

@WDE05: With your WRs I’d go for it. Ryan’s ranking is almost in a dead heat there with the guys around him and as you know I am very high on Wallace.

11. djbooyah20 says:
    (link)

My Amendola and Felix Jones for his Stevie Johnson/Anquan Boldin and Tim Hightower?
    PPR League

Rest of WRs & RBs
    Roddy, BMarsh, VJax, Britt, Mike Thomas
    McFadden, Forte, Best

12. Eng says:
    (link)

The .5 ppr link does not work when I click it. Says “why are you on a page that’s not a page.”

13. Dakota Loomis says:
    (link)

Do I trade Calvin Johnson for Arian Foster?

2 RB 3 WR 1 Flex league (standard scoring, non-PPR)

My team

RBs
    Chris Johnson (thank God)
    Mark Ingram
    Shonn Greene
    Knowshon Moreno
    Brandon Jacobs
    Roy Helu

WRs
    Calvin Johnson
    Hakeem Nicks
    Brandon Marshall
    Greg Little
    Denarius Moore

Thoughts? I don’t really need another RB, but Arian Foster is not another RB. I’d have two of the top five RBs and it’s hard to see neither of them having a strong year. Plus, I’d have lots of backs to trade for a WR2/WR3.

14. Doc

Doc says:
    (link)

In non-ppr I’d give it a go.

15. Marty Funkhouser says:

@Doc: Two questions:

1. Just noticed I have five WR/RBs out on byes week 5 in my league that only has four bench spots. Do you think that’s an issue I should look to do something about through trades, or should I just go without the flex starter and pray? Don’t think I have much of a chance that week anyway since a) 4 of the 5 players I have out are my starters, b) my opponent will have JC@Indy and McFadden@Houston, c) I’d most likely be starting the likes of Lance Moore, Ochocinco and Marshawn Lynch.

2) I’m considering attempting to trade for Mike Wallace. I’m opening with Knowshon and Ochocinco. Does Hightower, Marshawn, and Ochocinco sound like too much to give up if I have to sweeten the pot? I love Hightower right now (more than Moreno honestly) but I’m scared of Shanahan and the fact that this might be the highest his trade value gets all season. Also, he’s the lone non-starter I mentioned earlier with a bye in week 5.

16. Brian says:
    (link)

Hey Doc – do your PPR Ranks count QBs for 4pts or 6 pts per TD??

I’m in a 10 team keeper PPR and 5 QBs are already off the board (Vick, Rogers, Rivers, Schaub, Ryan). How early do I pull the trigger on my QB if it’s 6pts per TD in my league?

Thanks!

17. Doc

Doc says:
    (link)

@Brian: 4. With Romo still there I’d be willing to grab him pretty early, especially if you’ve got some keepers already.

@Marty Funkhouser: As far as the bye week goes I wouldn’t trade based on that, especially before the season gets under way.

18. herschel says:
    (link)

@Doc: care to talk me off the ledge about selecting jc superstar 4th in ppr league after last nights 2 fumble performance? i know its still the preseason, but the fact haley had him in there in the 4th quarter is more concerning than anything. i will probably be able to pick from either foster or cj as well at 4. thoughts??

19. Chris says:

@Doc:

Posted this earlier, but it seems to have disappeared into the recent Razzball comment section abyss. I do apologize once the comments do resurface…this question will be in about 5 different topics –

I’m gonna be drafting tonight in a 10 team $200 budget +1 PPR. How does the fact that it’s 10 teams vs 12 teams affect your $ projections (in a general sense)?

On one hand, there’s less available cash ($2000 overall vs $2400 overall) so one would think that player $ values would decrease. On the other, there’s gonna be more readily available productive talent on the waiver wire, so super studs may go at an even higher premium due to being the only guys that are “irreplaceable.” I really have no idea.

What do you think?

20. Marty Funkhouser says:
    (link)

@Doc: Thanks for the advice kind sir. Promise this is my last question for a while: One of Hightower/Knowshon + Lynch + Ochocinco too much to give up for Mike Wallace? You still like Knowshon more than Hightower?

21. Doc

Doc says:
    (link)

@Marty Funkhouser: I’d do it if you feel set with your RB starters.

@Chris: Sorry I missed this Chris. Did it seem like they went higher than usual?

@herschel: I’m not worried about JC. It’s just preseason. All will be forgotten.

22. Marty Funkhouser says:
    (link)

@Doc: Well my roster is (12 team non-PPR, standard scoring + 1 pt/50 return yards):

QB – Drew Brees
    WR – Brandon Marshall
    WR – Dez Bryant
    RB – Ray Rice
    RB – Shonn Greene
    TE – Owen Daniels
    W/R – Felix Jones

B – Knowshon Moreno
    B – Marshawn Lynch
    B – Chad Ochocinco
    B – Tim Hightower
    B – Lance Moore

Do you think I’d be better off going with something small like Marshawn + Ocho for a Stevie Johnson/Santonio type or making the attempt at reeling in a big one like Wallace? I need the extra roster spot to grab a kicker, so if I don’t get something done before Thursday I’ll have to drop somebody.

23. Doc

Doc says:
    (link)

@Marty Funkhouser: I think since you have to drop someone anyway it’s worth going for it. I think both trades you’ve mentioned would be ok in that scenario.

Comments are closed.