Last year was our first foray into Fantasy Football season-long and DFS tools and I am hard at work finalizing the improvements for 2017 (stay tuned for an announcements in the next week or two – fyi, there will be a discount for current MLB subscribers). As part of these improvements, we will be projecting Rest of Season projections throughout the NFL season. Unlike MLB, these will be based on the exact matchups – e.g., the system runs all the games on a team’s schedule and then sums up the stats.
One byproduct of this work will be incorporating future week projections into the tools – you can get a sneak peak on this work via the work-in-progress Team Pages.
An immediate byproduct, though, is these will now be our official preseason projections (and are free!). You can find our 2017 Fantasy Football Projections here. These will be a complement to Jay’s world-class player rankings. There will inevitably be differences between his rankings and these projections. If you see anything major, let Jay and I know in the comments.
Here are a few notes regarding the projections:
- Projections will be both for offensive and defensive players.
- It will be updated a couple times a week throughout the preseason (last field in table is an ‘updated’ field)
- For QB, most starters are projected at ~99% of team snaps starting at Week 3 with the backup getting ~1% snaps. There are only a couple cases (usually shitty veteran + high-round rookie) where the splits are more dramatic.
- For RB, starting RB snaps/carries are discounted ~7% beginning with Week 3 to account for the likelihood of injuries. RBs over 30 are discounted ~15%.
- For WR, backup WR get a few more snaps starting Week 3 to account for starter injuries.
Thanks and leave comments if you have any questions about the projections (Just note, I am so focused on projections that I am absolutely worthless for anything remotely tangential like, say, drafting).