If you haven’t yet, you better listen to the Duke and get on the “A” train, Andre that is. Andre Ellington has a “defined” role my fellow Razzballers. Bruce Arians says he’s a 30 play a game player because he doesn’t have the body type to handle being a “lead dog runner”. Can we pray for 20+ touches out of those 30 plays? I know this isn’t the best news, but what he does with those touches can be kinda magical. He’s averaging 6.7 YPC and 11.1 YPR (Yards Per Reception). Some might call him the change of pace back in Arizona, I call him the pace they should be at back. As of right now, he’s a PPR flex in the bye week and a possible starter based on match ups. Last week in a 1 point PPR league he scored 12.30 points. Not bad in my book. It’s a situation you need to keep tabs on. The kid has skills and who knows what Bruce’s game plan will be by week 10. This might be the guy that wins you a playoff match up when Mendenhall is on IR down the road. In Yahoo he’s 22% owned right now, I just picked him up for my friend in her league and that was confounding to me considering that Daryl Richardson hadn’t been dropped yet….yeah I don’t like Richardson.
FUZZY HANDCUFFS - They’re fun, sexy, and when someone breaks them out it’s good times ahead
1) CJ Spiller (Fred Jackson +5, Tashard Choice) Fred might not be the “starter” but he sure is playing like it. I would continue to start him ahead of RB3’s and some RB2’s until further notice.
2) Reggie Bush (Joique Bell) 9 touches last week and slipping in the handcuff ranks. I still like him enough to roll him out there as a bye week stand in but the days of a must start flex are so two weeks ago.
3) Darren Sproles (Pierre Thomas +8, Khiry Robinson) PT went off last week and looked like the bigger Sproles out there. He’s caught 28 passes on 30 attempts for the season, PPRers take notice if you haven’t already. He’s on pace for 154 carries and 90 receptions which would be career highs….cust kayin’
4) Ryan Matthews (Danny Woodhead +5, Ronnie Brown) Matthews has a concussion and Danny boy is the “starter”. As some of you saw on Sunday night, Monday morning on the east coast, he’s not an every down back, but his receptions, 31, make him PPR gold.
5) Rashard Mendenhall (Andre Ellington +5, Alfonso Smith, Stepfan Taylor) see above
6) Arian Foster (Ben Tate) Foster looks like his old self and is going to get run into the ground. I’d hold Tate but don’t play him.
STANDARD ISSUE POLICE CUFFS – Ever sat on a curb while your car was searched? Been in the back of a cruiser piss drunk after running into a tree before a big home game against the Colts?…too soon? Get caught by Five-O while taking a leak behind a dumpster and were worried you would have to register as a sex offender for indecent exposure? Like the strength of those cuffs, these cuffs are worth owning or being heavily watched in 10 team and up leagues. These backs are in split situations, have fuzzy cuff potential, and are solid fill ins when the starter is out.
7) Giovanni Bernard (BenJarvus Green-Ellis +3) the Law Firm got pay back against his old team last week. I don’t see why Bernard would have less touches going forward. Bernard is the feature back!…or is it BJGE? Officially it’s BJGE but for fantasy purposes it GOB….I’m confused and Marvin likes playing head games with FFB’s.
8) Steven Jackson (Jaquizz Rodgers +5, Jason Snelling +3) It’s a bye for the Falcons this week. Continue to hold Snelling and Rodgers til next weeks news on S-Jax.
9) Steven Ridley (Brandon Bolden, LaGarrette Blount) Ridley should be back this week, he has been limited in practice and has been limited in helping your fantasy team this year. Bolden is still an upside hold and Bullichit confuses the hell out of me.
10) David Wilson (Brandon Jacobs +5, Da’Rell Scott) What a TNF game for Jacobs and the people who had the balls to stream him tonight. It’s better to be lucky than good my friends….and in the bye weeks. With 106 yards and 2 TD’s I could see the headline tomorrow, “Jacobs retires on high note…Coughlin poops himself at the press conference”.
11) Eddie Lacy (Johnathan Franklin, James Starks) Lacy shined and Franklin fumbled. Starks is still out with a knee injury. Franklin is the hold at this point, but only if Lacy gets hurt.
12) Ray Rice (Bernard Pierce, Shaun Draughn) Rice looked solid last week and Pierce looks like a blah back up. I think the best thing about the Baltimore backfield is Flacco has more INT’s than TD’s.
13) Zac Stacy (Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Benny Cunningham) Stacy is the new starter and had a solid rushing game vs. the worst rushing D in the league. The Rams get the 27th ranked rushing D this week. Looks like a split carries situation for the moment. I would hold on Richardson in 12 team leagues. In shallow you can drop him.
14) Knowshon Moreno (Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball) Moreno is holding tight but the real back up is still undecided. I like Montee if something happens to Moreno but Hillman to get some garbage time. Yeah it makes no sense to me too.
15) Alfred Morris (Roy Helu, Evan Royster) with Morris scheduled to play with his bruised ribs feeling better, the Helu grab was for not. Keep an eye on this weeks game, a re-injury could lead to Helu getting a start at some point.
16) Chris Johnson (Shonn Greene, Jackie Battle) CJnegativeK has been as disappointing as MJD. When Greene returns he could take a bite out of his playing time. Keep a close eye on this one. Our resident man in black and white told you this too. 12 teamers it’s time to stash.
17) Darren McFadden (Rashad Jennings, Marcel Reece) All three Raiders RB’s are LP this week, which means “limited practice”. I say limit them all to your bench this week, unless your in a bind, then throw Jennings out there and see if he brings anything back.
18) LeSean McCoy (Bryce Brown, Chris Polk) Injury = RB2
DUCT TAPE - Handcuffs of the homemade variety? Hey, you might be in a pinch and looking around your garage and you find man’s 2nd best tool, don’t make me explain our 1st. In the right instance they can be as secure as Tehol at a Victoria’s Secret model party or as volatile as Jaywrong trying to navigate the dating scene in the D.C. area. The thing with duct tape is you never know how it’s going to hold up, I’ve seen it last anywhere from a day to 10 years, you never know. These backs may be sexy but we’ll never know, back up studs, or are left for dead on really bad teams. Add at your own risk of never playing them.
19) Lamar Miller (Daniel Thomas, Mike Gillislee, Marcus Thigpen)
20) Marshawn Lynch (Robert Turbin, Christine Michael)
21) Frank Gore (Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James)
22) Bilal Powell (Chris Ivory, Mike Goodson)
23) Trent Richardson (Donald Brown, Daniel Herron)
24) Willis McGahee (Bobby Rainey, Chris Ogbonnaya)
25) Matt Forte (Michael Bush, Michael Ford)
26) DeAngelo Williams (Mike Tolbert, Kenjon Barner)
27) DeMarco Murray (Lance Dunbar,Phillip Tanner, Joseph Randle)
28) Maurice Jones Drew (Jordan Todman, Justin Forsett)
29) Jamaal Charles (Knile Davis, Cyrus Grey)
30) Le’Veon Bell (Felix Jones, Issac Redman, Johnathan Dwyer)
31) Adrian Peterson (Toby Gerhart)
32) Doug Martin (Brian Leonard, Mike James)
You can also follow me and ask me questions on twitter