For those of you that had week 6 in your DeMarco Murray injury pool then enjoy your winnings and for those of you that had Joseph Randle stashed I call bullshizz. What’s that diligent razzball commenter, “hey J, you had Lance Dunbar listed as the handcuff the last 4 weeks”. I know and who would of thunk the guy with ZERO touches all season would be the guy to replace the guy. I’m not here to get all googly eyed over Randle even though Randle is the word of the week right now in fantasy football. First, you have the knee injury to Randall Cobb, who I always thought was this guy, and then you have Rueben Randle, the very relevant the last two weeks WR from the Giants who likes to battle with David Wilson on Twitter. Now Joseph Randle doesn’t really add to the sexy mix like the other two, but he is the starter this week and may be needed as a bye week stand in. If you don’t need him then I wouldn’t drop anyone worthy to stash him. Last week vs. the Skins he managed only 1.4 YPC for a total of 17 yards on 11 carries with a long of 14 yards. That means he averaged 0.3 yards for the other 10 carries, that’s a little less than a foot per carry against one of the worst run defenses. He did catch two balls out of the backfield and considering he is playing the Eagles this week might be good for 8-10 points and maybe more in a PPR league. Everyone on the list below him is droppable to stream, and we might see a different Randle this week compared to last when he gets all week to prepare and mentally get ready to be the main ball carrier. But again, I wouldn’t put my stock too high. Sorry readers this post will be a little short this week for I am going on a trip to see our leader Sky and have a lot of things to handle before I leave town. I also want to wish our Razzball icon on the baseball side a happy bachelor party weekend, may it turn out as exciting as this one. I will be available throughout the weekend for Q&A and via Twitter for those that prefer that route…..damn I went link crazy this week!
FUZZY HANDCUFFS - They’re fun, sexy, and when someone breaks them out it’s good times ahead
1) CJ Spiller (Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice) CJ might be showing life but Jackson is still a must start in most formats.
2) Ryan Matthews (Danny Woodhead, Ronnie Brown) Matthews returned and looked all 2011 out there, Woodhead still got 14 touches and was second on the team in receptions on Monday night. He’s still a must start especially in PPR leagues.
3) Rashard Mendenhall (Andre Ellington +3, Alfonso Smith, Stepfan Taylor) Averaging 8.0 YPC on the season and had a season high 5 catches against SF this last week. He’s gold and should be owned everywhere.
4) Darren Sproles (Pierre Thomas , Khiry Robinson +5) The three headed monster has the bye week. This is really turning into a mess. I would trade Sproles with these two hot and ready handcuffs. Robinson was impressive against the Pats and keeps me thinking he is an injury away from 15-18 carries.
5) Giovanni Bernard (BenJarvus Green-Ellis +5) A true split backfield. The law firm is staying relevant for now and may get some goal line love.
6) Reggie Bush (Joique Bell) Should be OK to play this week in deeper and PPR leagues.
7) Arian Foster (Ben Tate) Working his way south, still a hold for now
STANDARD ISSUE POLICE CUFFS – Ever sat on a curb while your car was searched? Been in the back of a cruiser piss drunk after getting this ridiculous haircut….in week 6? Get caught by Five-O while taking a leak behind a dumpster and were worried you would have to register as a sex offender for indecent exposure? Like the strength of those cuffs, these cuffs are worth owning or being heavily watched in 10 team and up leagues. These backs are in split situations, have fuzzy cuff potential, and are solid fill ins when the starter is out.
8) Steven Jackson (Jaquizz Rodgers +3, Jason Snelling) Jackson is still out and the Quizz is clearly the guy to start, Snelling in deeper leagues
9) Steven Ridley (Brandon Bolden, LaGarrette Blount) The touches were down for Bolden but I still like him long term.
10) David Wilson (Brandon Jacobs +5, Da’Rell Scott) Can Brandon re-peat. Let it Ride and pray a lot!
11) DeMarco Murray (Joseph Randle,Phillip Tanner,Lance Dunbar) see above
12) Alfred Morris (Roy Helu +5, Evan Royster) Helu’s 10 touches alongside Morris puts him back in the stash and hold zone.
13) Ray Rice (Bernard Pierce, Shaun Draughn) whats the yawning sound?
14) Knowshon Moreno (Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball) Messy with potential
15) Chris Johnson (Shonn Greene, Jackie Battle) When Greene returns he should take a bite out of CJineffectiveK
16) DeAngelo Williams (Mike Tolbert, Kenjon Barner) Some are touting Tolbert this week….not me
17) Eddie Lacy (Johnathan Franklin, James Starks) Lacy sealed the deal this weekend against a tough Ravens D. Yeah it’s not looking good for any GB backup.
18) LeSean McCoy (Bryce Brown, Chris Polk) Injury = RB2
19) Darren McFadden (Rashad Jennings, Marcel Reece) Bye Week Blah
DUCT TAPE - Handcuffs of the homemade variety? Hey, you might be in a pinch and looking around your garage and you find man’s 2nd best tool, don’t make me explain our 1st. In the right instance they can be as secure as Tehol at a Victoria’s Secret model party or as volatile as Jaywrong trying to navigate the dating scene in the D.C. area. The thing with duct tape is you never know how it’s going to hold up, I’ve seen it last anywhere from a day to 10 years, you never know. These backs may be sexy but we’ll never know, back up studs, or are left for dead on really bad teams. Add at your own risk of never playing them.
20) Willis McGahee (Chris Ogbonnaya, Bobby Rainey)
21) Zac Stacy (Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Benny Cunningham)
22) Lamar Miller (Daniel Thomas, Mike Gillislee, Marcus Thigpen)
23) Marshawn Lynch (Robert Turbin, Christine Michael)
24) Frank Gore (Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James)
25) Bilal Powell (Chris Ivory, Mike Goodson)
26) Trent Richardson (Donald Brown, Daniel Herron)
27) Matt Forte (Michael Bush, Michael Ford)
28) Maurice Jones Drew (Jordan Todman, Justin Forsett)
29) Jamaal Charles (Knile Davis, Cyrus Grey)
30) Le’Veon Bell (Felix Jones, Issac Redman, Johnathan Dwyer)
31) Adrian Peterson (Toby Gerhart)
32) Doug Martin (Brian Leonard, Mike James)
You can also follow me and ask me questions on twitter