Week 3 is on the way. We will have a detailed fantasy injury report tomorrow from Brent so I’m going to hold off on the plethora of injury news. Be sure to check it out.
We’ve got all kinds of things going on here at Razzball, so here is a bit of a roundup:
You can see all our Week 3 Rankings in one place here. If you are ever looking for the link it’s the first one under 2010 Fantasy Football Features over there to the left a bit.
Our Week 3 QB/RB/WR Contest is in full swing. Be sure to get your entry in. It’s free and you can win stuff!
We need a couple more teams for the Week 3 Razzball 10 Team FanDuel league. See if you can beat my team.
Check out our first installments of Statistical Strategery.
Be sure to check out Evan Silva’s Week 3 Matchup article. One of my few must reads each week.
And while I have you here, let’s take a look at some random stats that attacked me:
- The Chicago Bears are stuffing the run at a clip of 1.7 yards per carry. The Packers have run over the Bears in recent history, but that was with Ryan Grant.
- The running back with the biggest percentage of his teams plays is the craptastic Caddilac Williams. Hrm? Almost half (48%) of the Bucs plays go through Caddy. Good thing he’s averaging 2.6 yards per carry. I think the Steelers may lower that number for him.
- Brandon Marshall has been targeted 6 times inside the 5 yard line. Three receivers are 2nd with 3 targets. It makes his ZERO touchdowns even more perplexing. Buy low?
- The San Francisco 49ers defense has given up 4 first downs via the run.
- Roddy White has been targeted an insane 36 times. It won’t change much this season.
- 75% of Miles Austin‘s 20 receptions have gone for first downs. The dude is on fire.
- The New York Jets defense have been the worst on third downs this season, giving up a first down 53% of the time.
- In the last 3 years Jay Cutler at home — 31 TDs/16 INTs, Away — 27 TDs/29 INTS.
- Matt Moore and Michael Vick have both been sacked 8 times, but one has a QB rating over 100 and another has one under 50.
- There are 4 quarterbacks with 10+ 20 yard completions. Schaub, Rivers, Romo and Kyle Orton. Orton is tied for the league lead with 11. Don’t sleep on him if he’s available or maybe grab him in a trade for a backup.
- Jay Cutler leads the league in yards per attempt wit 10.1. Amazingly Trent Edwards is last in yards per attempt with 4.6. Sadly Joe Flacco is 4th to last with 5.2.
- The Indianapolis Colts have given up 21 1st downs via the rush. Sadly Moreno is dunski.