Actually, a few have already happened (and we’ll talk about them a bit after the jump), but, just like the title alludes to, the table is set, the forks and spoons are in their right place, and hopefully there’s food ready and on the way. In terms of the RCL universe (since I’m hungry and if there are any more food metaphors, I’ll eventually end up eating my monitor), the “league” has taken shape and drafts are about to begin. (But that doesn’t mean you still can’t create and join your choice of RCLs!) And, I want to touch on this: when I say “league”, I mean league, not leagues. Because ef pluralization… I mean, what has it ever done for me? Regardless, you have to remember, this is one complete universal league. The Milky Way of Fantasy Football if you will, including Antonio Brown, Saturn, and of course, Uranus. Don’t roll your eyes, you knew it was coming. Regardless, what I’m trying to say is, join any league you like, create as many as you want, and be part… of the universe. Mutha. Effing. Deep.
Now, as promised last paragraph (remember the good old days?), there actually have already been some drafts that have taken place (including a league hosted by yours truly, Lord Tehol, and our very own Stan Son!) and we’ll take a look at some of what happened in these three leagues to give everyone a general idea of what a terrible idea it is to draft early. I swear, half my team will be injured by the end of the preseason…
So, the bad news first, I actually couldn’t load any of the draft results from Tehol‘s and Stan‘s League (yeah-hooo-oooo, amiright?), but I’m just going to assume, with all my analytical power, that Tehol drafted Russell Wilson first overall. I think that’s a pretty safe bet. That being said, I do have the draft results from my first league, Take on the Jay #1 (NUMERO UNO, F*CK SI, as they say in Spanish), and there things to be gleaned from the first ever RCL draft of 2016…
|1||Antonio Brown (Pit – WR)||Booty Goons|
|2||Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG – WR)||Hoser|
|3||Julio Jones (Atl – WR)||Four Horsemen|
|4||Ezekiel Elliott (Dal – RB)||Bryan’s Team|
|5||David Johnson (Ari – RB)||Jay|
|6||Cam Newton (Car – QB)||zacj’s Swell…|
|7||Todd Gurley (LA – RB)||Crimson Frat…|
|8||DeAndre Hopkins (Hou – WR)||Miguel’s Team|
|9||A.J. Green (Cin – WR)||Dustin’s Team|
|10||Dez Bryant (Dal – WR)||Charles in C…|
|11||Rob Gronkowski (NE – TE)||jcheek1287’s…|
|12||Adrian Peterson (Min – RB)||Slotty Seconds|
So, I think we have to start with the most awkward pick of Round 1, and that’s Cam Newton going sixth overall. Here’s the thing, yes, I have him ranked first in my Quarterback rankings, yes, I’m a fan, and yes, he has zero fashion sense, but sixth overall? That’s a Cotton meme if there ever was one. Let’s see if I can clean the dust off that one…
Ah, nothing but the classics.
I also think Ezekiel Elliott went a bit high, but I’ll be honest… I understand the hype and it’s hard for me to criticize such things after back-to-back years trying to convince the readership that Ryan Mathews (2014) and Melvin Gordon (2015) were going to cure cancer with their potential production and fantasy value. I was… a bit off on that. That being said, I label this pick a risk. And I know he’s getting older, but Adrian Peterson still seems like a value pick at the end of the first round.
Random round time!
|1||Matt Forte(NYJ – RB)||Booty Goons|
|2||Russell Wilson(Sea – QB)||Hoser|
|3||Andrew Luck(Ind – QB)||Four Horsemen|
|4||Arian Foster(Mia – RB)||Bryan’s Team|
|5||Allen Hurns(Jax – WR)||Jay|
|6||Michael Floyd(Ari – WR)||zacj’s Swell…|
|7||Drew Brees(NO – QB)||Crimson Frat…|
|8||Ben Roethlisberger(Pit – QB)||Miguel’s Team|
|9||Tyler Lockett(Sea – WR)||Dustin’s Team|
|10||Jonathan Stewart(Car – RB)||Charles in C…|
|11||Larry Fitzgerald(Ari – WR)||jcheek1287’s…|
|12||Jeremy Hill(Cin – RB)||Slotty Seconds|
I chose Round 5 simply because it seemed to be the phase when people really have to start paying attention on what’s out there before making the “oh sh*t I’m running out of time, who do I pick, who do I pick, uh… oh, Mike Wallace! He used to be good, let’s go. *Selects Mike Wallace* (…waits 30 seconds while checking notes…) F*CK!” pick. Yeah, you know that pick. And I also like the names here, seems like a lot of value to be had. Matt Forte for one. He’s obviously not a top-5 running back anymore, but he’ll still add tons of points in a half-PPR format like this one, and at this point, what’s the risk? Arian Foster kinda fits the same mold, the reports on him are good thus far, and could be a huge payoff. Even Tyler Lockett has some hype here. And Jonathan Stewart? Yeah, he old and used up, but aren’t we all? AREN’T WE ALL?
Anyhow, join in on the fun, join or create your RCL league today!
TO START A LEAGUE:
- Go to this link.
- Click on “Create a league”.
- Enter in “League Name” and your Draft time information, then select “Customize settings“.
- Find “Playoffs” and change to WEEK 14, 15 AND 16 (6 TEAMS). Then find “Max Teams” and change to TWELVE (12). Then find “Make league publicly viewable” and change to YES.
- Go back to the top of the page and select the “Roster” tab. Find “Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T)” and change to ONE (1).
- Go back to the top of the page and select the “Scoring” tab. Find “Receptions” under the Receiving section. Select the box next to “Receptions” and then type .5 in the field. (Note: must be typed in as .5 and not 0.5.)
- When finished, go back to the top of the page and select FINISH (Blue button, top middle.)
- Almost done! After that last step, a page should have popped up, providing you a “join” link (Example: https://yho.com/nfl?l=625471&k=026fa85a297fff82&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=c0bfdf9f62e662bc). Copy and paste that link into our Google Sheet, and fill out your league information.
- That’s it! You should be all set. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or ask us in the comment section below. And if you feel like you’ve made a mistake, don’t worry! Yahoo allows you to change these settings before Draft Day. Just make sure you follow these instructions for your league to be eligible for the prizes.
TO JOIN A LEAGUE:
Simply examine the Google Sheet below, find a league and draft time that works for you, and click the “LINK” button in “League Link” column to be taken to the leagues home page. If the league is invite only, please email the contact.
Fantasy Football Razzball Commenter Leagues, 2016: