ALL THE VAGUENESS. But you’ll just have to trust me. While it’s true that we already have some wonderful prizes (described in detail after the jump), I thought I would take the time out of my day to let you know about one more prize that we are including for this year’s RCL Championship. And that is a mystery prize! OOOO, so exciting. In fact, it’s so mysterious, I’m not technically sure what it’s going to be, but I do know it’s going to be good. (Full disclosure: I actually know what it’s sorta-kinda-maybe going to be, and I think it’s pretty nifty and cool, and since I’m nifty and cool and you’re probably nifty and cool, we might have a similar opinion on such a matter!) The announcement will come out next week, so in the mean time, just trust me and get in on this free action. We are about a quarter way through the drafting phase of the pre-season, with the next three weeks being the “main event”. I actually used air quotes when typing that. The actual typing was done by my forehead and tongue to make my hands free. Impressive, I know. So remember, we are still looking for commissioners and fantasy owners to test their mettle against the entire Razzball family, from the contributors to you, the readers. Everyone is invited! So what are you waiting for? Create or Join a Free Razzball Commentator League today! (Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or, you know, soonish.)
Prize for Overall RCL Champion: Custom-Made Razzball Bobblehead Doll Set. (With two figurines, together, one with the likeness of myself, Jay, and the one of you, the winner!)
Okay, so it’s not exactly like above, unless you have a mustache like that AND want to marry me… but they are good examples of what you can expect. The likeness will be based off your submitted photo, and will read “2014 RCL Champion: TEAM NAME” at the base. It will be a hand-sculpted 7-inch (approximate) tall figurine (2 people), sure to be the envy of everyone who visits your mom’s basement. Just be sure to cover my side with a napkin or something when the ladies come over. Not your mom though. She knows what’s up. Actually, now that I think of it, based on how I look, we might have a better example to show you of how this bobblehead doll set might turn out.
Prize for Commissioner of the League That Hosts the RCL CHAMPION: $50.00 Best Buy Gift Card.
You read it right folks. If you are the Commissioner of the league that our RCL Champion is in, you get a prize. So what should you do? Follow the instructions below to create a league. The more leagues you create and fill, the greater the chance you have of hosting the eventual winner. Create as many as you want… just make sure to get them filled, so go nuts!
Tehol thinks that, with the power of his Elder Gods, he is unbeatable. And guess what? He’s willing to put some pretty smooth cottons on the line. Are you brave enough to battle not just his fantasy football wit, but his fantasy football loins? If you so choose to take this challenge, you are a braver person than I, that’s for sure.
Please Note: Razzball contributors, while allowed to participate, are not eligible for prizes. If a Razzball contributor is RCL Champion, the Grand Prize will go to the next highest scoring player, and that Grand Prize will be a $100.00 Best Buy gift card. If a Razzball contributor hosts the RCL Champion in his/her league, the next highest scorer’s league Commissioner will receive the $50.00 Best Buy gift card.
TO START A LEAGUE:
– Go to this link.
– Click on “Create a league” (Enter in Yahoo log-in, or you can use your Facebook or Google log-in as well.)
– Enter in “League Name” and your Draft time information, then select “Customize settings“.
– Go to the top of the page and make sure you have the “Rules” tab selected, find “Playoffs” and change to WEEK 14, 15 AND 16 (6 TEAMS). Then find “Max Teams” and change to TWELVE (12). Then find “Make league publicly viewable” and change to YES.
– Go back to the top of the page and select the “Roster” tab. Find “Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T)” and change to ONE (1).
– Go back to the top of the page and select the “Scoring” tab. Find “Receptions” under the Receiving section. Select the box next to “Receptions” and then type .5 in the field. (Note: must be typed in as .5 and not 0.5.)
– When finished, go back to the top of the page and select FINISH (Blue button, top right.)
– Almost done! Now that you are on your League Overview page (if not, select “League”, then right below the tab, select “Overview”), look to the top right of the page. You’ll see a large box that says “Finish Setting Up Your League”. Hit the arrows until you reach the “Invite Friends” tab and select that button. A box will appear that will have a link below (Example: http://y.ahoo.it/x0dbbuyp). Copy and paste that link into our Google Doc (see below), and fill out your other league information.
– That’s it! You should be all set. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us in the comment section below. And if you feel like you’ve made a mistake, don’t worry! Yahoo allows you to change these settings before Draft Day. Just make sure you follow these instructions for your league to be eligible for the prizes.
TO JOIN A LEAGUE:
– Simply examine the Google Doc below, find a league and draft time that works for you, and click the “LINK” button in “League Link” column to be taken to the leagues home page. If the league is invite only, please email the contact.
Fantasy Football Razzball Commenter Leagues 2014: