So, if you guys and gals didn’t know, our podcast last week didn’t happen. Tehol, Jen, Kevin, Zach, and myself all recorded what was basically the best podcast ever know in the history of the entire universe, but technology conspired against us and the files came to be just static and a couple grunts by Tehol. Which, to be honest, is kinda how he picks up women. Don’t ask me how I know, I just do. We did cover this in the latest podcast, which actually did record (yay!) which will be released later today, but I did want to cover something that we tried to on the aforementioned “pod that was lost in time”. And that was the Razzball Football RCLs. And as the title states, I did have a quick question. Actually, they are probably a few questions I want to ask, but the main one that branches out into the others (tree metaphors, woooooo) is basically this: What changes would you like to see next year?
We obviously go by a half-PPR format, and everything else is pretty vanilla when it comes right down to it. We don’t do anything exotic, just a normal flex, 12 teams, standard scoring, etc., but I think you could have called half-PPR “exotic” five years ago, and now “standard” scoring seems to be a thing of the past. Times are a changin’, as the song says, and I have the feeling that what we know as a “standard league” today is not necessarily what we should have moving forward. I am very open into looking at new ideas and suggestions from the Razz community and what you’d like to see. We just had a fun post on 2QB Leagues and 6-point TDs… Is that something you might like? What about getting rid of the kickers? (An actual question that was asked during the podcast that shall never exist ever again.) Or maybe start making the official RCLs include the IDP element? I’d love to be progressive with the RCLs, but I could use a little help. What would you guys like to see? What do you want to play? Let me know in the comment section below!
In the meantime, the season draws near and we still have some leagues open and drafts still going. Why not join up or create a league for a chance at some great prizes? Here’s how!
TO START A LEAGUE:
- Go to this link.
- Click on “Create a league”.
- Enter in “League Name” and your Draft time information, then select “Customize settings“.
- Find “Playoffs” and change to WEEK 14, 15 AND 16 (6 TEAMS). Then find “Max Teams” and change to TWELVE (12). Then find “Make league publicly viewable” and change to YES.
- Go back to the top of the page and select the “Roster” tab. Find “Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T)” and change to ONE (1).
- Go back to the top of the page and select the “Scoring” tab. Find “Receptions” under the Receiving section. Select the box next to “Receptions” and then type .5 in the field. (Note: must be typed in as .5 and not 0.5.)
- When finished, go back to the top of the page and select FINISH (Blue button, top middle.)
- Almost done! After that last step, a page should have popped up, providing you a “join” link (Example: https://yho.com/nfl?l=625471&k=026fa85a297fff82&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=c0bfdf9f62e662bc). Copy and paste that link into our Google Sheet, and fill out your league information.
- That’s it! You should be all set. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at [email protected] or ask us in the comment section below. And if you feel like you’ve made a mistake, don’t worry! Yahoo allows you to change these settings before Draft Day. Just make sure you follow these instructions for your league to be eligible for the prizes.
TO JOIN A LEAGUE:
Simply examine the Google Sheet below, find a league and draft time that works for you, and click the “LINK” button in “League Link” column to be taken to the leagues home page. If the league is invite only, please email the contact.
Fantasy Football Razzball Commenter Leagues, 2016: