It has been a couple of weeks since I last updated my rankings, so now it’s time to hit you guys with an update! So much has happened in the world of football just in this past week. Trust me, when I was updating, it almost felt like starting from scratch. I always forget how much camp shifts stuff around. Imagine if we actually had preseason games this year.
Rankings updates aren’t always based on training camp news. Sometimes I go back and forth on swaps or a change of heart on a projected role in an offense. Hell, a lot of the time I’ll look and wonder what I was thinking just a month back for a certain player or two. Here are some of the highlighted changes that I’ve made.
– I have Leonard Fournette as the RB24 and I think that’s being generous. Realistically, by season’s end he probably ends up with more touches than Ronald Jones but I think it will be closer than some people think. Also, I just don’t think he’s that good of a player.
– I have David Montgomery at RB36. Soft tissue injuries are tough to project, but when he does return, I doubt he hits the ground running.
– I moved Gardner Minshew back to QB27. I’ve recently had the realization that the Jaguars are going to be a bad offense and no matter how beautiful Minshew’s facial hair is, there isn’t a fantasy stats for it. This team just won’t score much.
– The Raider’s WR room is sort of a mystery with a lot of talent. My rankings have Ruggs in the mid 30’s, Edwards in the low 40’s and Renfrow at 47.
– Amari Cooper moves back to 10 and could fall further based on recent health updates. Also there’s a lot of mouths to feed in Dallas.
– Jamison Crowder moves up to WR25. I can’t and won’t quit him.
– I didn’t move my tight end rankings at all. I feel pretty good about those.
Keep in mind when reading these that I am only about to adjust 0.5 PPR. Standard and PPR rankings are controlled by the FantasyPros’ algorithm.
ADP – Average Draft Position