I hope you all had a very successful Sunday and started Nick Foles and Blake Bortles. It’s about to be championship week after this terrible Monday Night game that the Falcons are going to win by multiple scores. If you didn’t make it through to a championship game this year, thank you for reading our stuff this year and we will do our best to get you all of the way next season. If you did make it through to the title game, congratulations, and let’s do work in Week 16! This will be my final Monday morning post of the 2017 season and I thank you all for reading this season and I hope you enjoyed the analysis and me sometimes trying to write funny things. Let’s go over some performances in Week 15 and look ahead to Week 16 shall we?
- The Jaguars absolutely schlacked the Houston Texans on Sunday but that didn’t stop DeAndre Hopkins from finding the end zone in a tough match up against Jalen Ramsey. Hopkins finished the day with 4 catches and 80 yards. Pretty much all of his production came on one drive, but hey, you should have gotten more than you expected in the tough matchup.
- Blake Bortles was a QB1 in my rankings this week in 12 team leagues. He exceeded my expectations with over 300 yards passing and 3 touchdowns. I mentioned last week just how sexy Bortles’ remaining schedule was for the fantasy season. I think he is a great starting option against the 49ers if your quarterback has a tough matchup.
- If Marquis Lee doesn’t play next week, Keelan Cole could be a great WR3 option if you need it. Although, I think it’s a big boost for Dede Westbrook and I’d rather play him.
- Davante Adams probably won’t play next week. This is his second concussion of the season and I don’t see the Packers risking his health.
- It doesn’t make any sense for Aaron Rodgers to play next week, but he probably will. Minnesota might not be as tough of a matchup as it has been for other teams. This is a divisional matchup at home and Aaron Rodgers is very familiar with this team and it’s schemes.
- I’d start McCaffery next week against Tampa. He struggled the first time that they played each other, but the Tampa defense is completely depleted and Christian was very involved today.
- I think Todd Gurley is a shoe in for #1 pick next year.
- Robert Woods did what he needed to do today, even if the yardage wasn’t there.
- This is the first time in many weeks that Sammy Watkins didn’t find the end zone. Robert Woods’ presence isn’t good for Watkins’ fantasy prospects.
- I think that Jerick McKinnon and Latavius Murray are good plays next week against the Packers. Mckinnon is the best PPR play. I think that the over is a good bet in this game.
- Don’t play Cousins next week if you own him. Today is the best game that he’s had since Chris Thompson’s injury and he didn’t even cross the 200-yard threshold.
- This Jordan Howard has had useless games in 3 out of his last 4.
- Marvin Jones has at least 64 yards in his last 5 games. He’s a must start against the Bengals.
- Alex Collins is a great start next week against the Colts. The Browns’ rushing defense isn’t actually that bad.
- I love Martavis Bryant and Juju Smith-Schuster next week against the Texans.
- I have no problem with playing Sterling Shephard and Evan Engram next week against the Cardinals. Eli looked really solid today. I’m not looking to slot Eli into my QB spot for championship week, but I don’t mind throwing his pieces into my lineup.
- Nick Foles was a great start today. I think he’s a great start next week as well. I was very skeptical about Nelson Agholor this season, but I think that he is worthy of a start against Oakland next week as well.
- Jay Ajayi was an end zone trip short of having a really nice fantasy day.
- Michael Thomas has 85 catches this season and he is only 8 yards short of a 1,000 yard season. I think that he is the only receiver worth a start for Championship week for the Saints.
- My last point for the entire 2017 season. START MARQUISE GOODWIN FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
Howdy MB! It’ll be a blue Christmas, no advancement to the championship for me this year unless I get a monstrous sized miracle comeback tonight!
In my .5 PPR league im down 47 points but I have Falcons D, Austin hooper, matt Bryant and we play with IDP I’m thinking since I have Falcons D to go with LB devondre Campbell.
Players who screwed week 15: Dak 17 points/ 2INts, doug Baldwin 0.5 point, josh Gordon 6.5 points, Keenan allen 7.5 points.
I had Rod smith at flex he got more points then my opponents flex. Rod had 11.5 points, whereas his flex got him 7.5
Players that shined for me: my RB1 & RB2 Melvin Gordon & hunt showed up
Oh I benched tyreek hill for josh Gordon grr
What killed me my opponent has mark Ingram that 50 yard TD sealed it to go along with 34 points from his Ravens D
@Waterboy: oh damn, that’s rough. I was hoping you were going to say you had Julio left! Well, good luck anyways! Just like Jon Gruden said, “anything can happen on any given Sunday, especially on Monday night.”
I’m rooting on my brother tonight he’s facing the 1 seed my bro is down 22 but has Julio Jones & IDP Deion jones
When will the 2018 write ups start? This .5 PPR is a keeper we can keep any two players but for 2018 I may bump it to 3 keepers or is 2 sufficient?
It’s espn style so we don’t keep by the round for example if we keep 2 rounds 1 & 2 would be keepers
Players on my roster keeper worthy: David Johnson, Keenan allen, Baldwin, Kareem hunt , Melvin Gordon, josh Gordon, Mcaffery
@Waterboy: I’d keep DJ and Keenan Allen. I’ll probably chill out for a few weeks, we’ll still do the podcast and everything but write ups will probably start in February
Nice! Yeah I’m going to take it easy relax my mind for a bit lol the season takes a lot out of you , now I can watch football without fantasy implications & root my team the pats!
Have a merry Christmas, I’ll be watching tonight either drinking a beer or sipping on bourbon
@Waterboy: you have a Merry Christmas too! I’ll be doing the same
If you like bourbon I recommend rebel yell bourbon
@Waterboy: occasionally I dabble, I will check it out next time I’m in a bourbon mood
i sure hope Matty Ice diarreahs all over himself tonight as we know he is capable of and puts up less than 13.6 points. If so, i win!
@Rick: he is very capable. Unfortunately, Tampa is really really bad.
@Unbreakable_mb: yeah i know but a boy can dream….
@Rick: always haha
Please tell me Devonta Freeman will score 29 points tonight a 1 ppr league, I would love to keep reading in week 16!
@E: anything can happen against Tampa.
Down 16 after Graham went MIA and Burkhead got hurt….it’s his Mike Evans versus my Freeman and Matt Bryant in PPR. I’m thinking if I can get 10 points out of Bryant than I have a chance, let’s roll Dirty Birds!
@kingforaday151: considering Mike Evans hasn’t gotten off of the bus in 2017 I think you have a shot!
You’re really advising starting Goodwin vs Jalen Ramsey and that Jax D?
@Jedimasters: he’s averaging 11 targets a game since Garappolo has been starting. I think he has a decent floor. I get that Ramsey is really good, but I think Kyle Shanahan isn’t shabby himself
Made the championship game! 12 team H2H league. no ppr.
Question, I have had Wilson and Wentz all year and have flip back and forth between them. Last week I failed to get a bid in on Cam and so I had to go with Wilson. He played like shit but is playing the Cowboys this week. should I stick with him or try for Cam or Nick Foles both are available.
thanks for the help
@POrtbigcity: Foles or Cam if they are available. And congrats!
14 team super flex dynasty, stanton or brock lobster (dropping peterman)
@Let Us Now Praise Famous Death Dwarves: BROCK LOBSTAH
I’ll need Ryan to outscore Freeman by .6 in a .5 ppr 6 pt TD league to move on to week 16. Will be tough sledding without Hogan, Lee and now Henry. I’ll be playing a WW WR and TE, likely Cole and Watson.
@Pink Doves: oof. Tough luck!
In the final got Cousins …do I add Foles or Flacco?
@Nightpandas: I have only one move left…pretty safe with bench guys only backup I don’t have is one for Gronk
@Nightpandas: I’d go with Foles
I can only start 3.
Elliott, Gurley, Kamara, and Gordon. I’m thinking Gordon hits the bench. All help welcomed. Thanks!
@H: yeah I’d sit Gordon
Tyrod, Garoppolo, Mariota or Eli for my #2?
Sanu, Collins, M. Bryant, Goodwin, Gio Bernard