Week 3 of the preseason is a wrap! We got to see some starters in a more extended role unless you are the Bears and didn’t play them at all. Week 3 of the preseason is known as the dress rehearsal before all of the starters rest for the final week and let the guys on the verge of making the roster battle it out. We’ve lost some big names like Derrius Guice and Marqise Lee but our first couple of rounds seem to be intact. I didn’t hear as much complaining about the helmet rule this week so maybe we are going to get off to a better start in the NFL than initially thought. Here is what I saw in week 3 of the preseason.
The Razzball Fantasy Football Commenter Leagues are still open, join today!
- Carlos Hyde carried the ball 7 times for 45 yards and Nick Chubb doubled the amount of carries and ended up with 46 yards. Carlos Hyde looks to be in line for the majority of work at this point. I still only like Duke Johnson out of this backfield.
- Bilal Powell found the endzone, but neither he or Isaiah Crowell were very effective running the ball for the Jets. Powell saw 10 carries while Crowell only saw 4. I still think Crowell is worth it at his ADP.
- Peyton Barber looked like a 2nd round pick that you can get outside of the top 8 rounds. Seriously, I’m all in on Peyton Barber and will try to get him everywhere that I can. He has good vision and runs hard every play. He really wants to hold onto this starting job. Meanwhile, Ronald Jones II is averaging 1.0 ypc but he did catch a nice pass in the first half.
- Chris GODwin. 3 for 27 yards and a very nice touch down catch.
- Kerryon Johnson looks like a better back than Legarrette Blount already. I just don’t think Johnson is going to get enough work to get me excited.
- Am I the only one who thinks Ryan Fitzpatrick looks better than Jameis? Jameis has made some nice throws for touchdowns in the preseason, but I think Fitzpatrick has looked very crisp against first team defenses. Jameis Winston is still full of mistakes against backups.
- Chris Carson was able to hold onto the ball and found the end zone. Definitely a step in the right direction for him.
- Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs both looked good with Kirk Cousins.
- I want Royce Freeman everywhere. He looks like a superstar running back. I’m willing to grab him in the 3rd round. If your league mates are paying attention, he won’t last long after.
- Christian McCaffery continued to see a lot of volume in week 3. I’m happy getting him in the 2nd round of redraft leagues knowing that he will live up to his draft position.
- People are sleeping on Curtis Samuel. 3 catches for 58 yards.
- Aaron Jones saw some carries. It’s good to see him back out on the field. He had an 8 yard carry. Jones is the most explosive back in the Packer’s backfield and should come as a nice value if given the opportunity.
- Jaylen Samuels and James Conner both look like formidable handcuffs for Le’Veon Bell. James Conner has the edge, but both are draftable in deep leagues.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster all day, every day.
- There are things to like about Jordan Wilkins. The volume that he has seen in the preseason tell me that he will be involved in this offense, even when Marlon Mack returns. Although the big run hasn’t happened yet this offseason, he did have a 29 yard catch.
- It’s hard to gauge how Dalvin Cook looks after two carries, but it’s very encouraging that he saw the football field again. My one concern is that Latavious Murray will see a lot of goal line work. That doesn’t bode well for Cook’s return.
Follow me on twitter.