Draft season is coming to an end in the next few days so this will be my final update for my season-long rankings! As we wrap up the preseason, I will be posting my Week 1 rankings on Wednesday. I’m excited to see some meaningful football on Thursday. We just have a couple of quick hits of news that affected the final rankings.
- Jerrick McKinnon tore his ACL over the weekend and that begins the speculation on the San Francisco running back to own. Matt Breida will get the first crack at the starting job, but I believe that it will be heavily rotational to begin with. Alfred Morris is not a sexy pick, but he was very efficient last season while filling in for Ezekiel Elliott. I believe that Morris will ultimately score more fantasy points than Matt Breida in 2018, but that picture will become much more clear after week one and beyond.
- John Ross had a great preseason, so I moved him into the top 40 among wide receivers. The sky is the limit for somebody who possesses his talent. He can only get into his own way.
- My post NFL Draft dynasty darling, Antonio Callaway will get the start in Cleveland in week one. Things are happening fast for him, but he has what it takes to be a very good receiver in this league if he keeps his head on straight.
- Antonio Gates figures to be heavily targeted in the red zone by Philip Rivers. He makes his debut in my season-long rankings.
- I slipped Adrian Peterson just outside of the top 100. I don’t believe that he is capable of being a starting-caliber NFL running back anymore, nor do I believe that he can handle a heavy workload. He’s not for me and I’ll most likely be avoiding the nostalgia in my final draft week.
- Carson Wentz is still not cleared for contact. I have moved him outside of my top 10 quarterbacks.
ADP – Average Draft Position