May the Fourth be with you! I’m not a Star Wars guy but it’s still fun to say. The draft is in the past and now we can move on. I couldn’t wait to put out some rankings to talk about with all of the readers. Well, I’m not sure how many of you are reading football posts at this point of the year, but if you are, I’m glad you’re here.
ADP – Average Draft Position
Players That I like
- I’d rather have Todd Gurley than Leveon Bell. You can’t go wrong either way but I love the Ram’s offense and his is the focus of it. He should pile up more touchdowns in 2018.
- I have Joe Mixon in my top 20. In all likelihood, he will see a lot more touches in 2018 and the offensive line play, as well as his own skill set, should vastly improve.
- Saquon Barkley will catch a lot of passes out of the backfield on top of getting the majority of the carries in New York. 1,500 all purpose yards and double digit touchdowns wouldn’t surprise me. Don’t forget how freakin’ talented he is.
- I have Jerrick McKinnon as a third rounder. He’s going to play the Devonta Freeman role in Kyle Shanahan’s offense. I love this offense, he should see plenty of yards and pay dirt.
- I also have Ronald Jones II in the 30’s. Tampa needs a run game to jump start this offense and they haven’t had a talented back in a few years. I expect them to give this very talented rookie a ton of reps behind an offensive line that has another year of experience together.
- The Chargers aren’t going to bring Antonio Gates back so I expect Hunter Henry to have a top 5 tight end season. We’ve seen the talent and the box scores, now prepare for more consistency.
- Corey Davis is going to have a break out year and you’re going to hear that a lot. He wasn’t healthy pretty much off of the bat but showed his star potential by making a couple of big plays in the playoffs.
- You probably remember how much I love Marquise Goodwin from last year. I have him inside of the top 70 coming into the spring.
Players that I don’t like
- Quarterback Early. It’s going to be really deep this year. If I’m paying for anyone early, it’s Deshaun Watson.
- Jarvis Landry doesn’t excite me this season, especially since he is far from being the best receiver on his team.
- Until they give Lamar Miller an offensive line, you won’t catch me drafting him.
- I don’t expect a big bounce back from Demaryous Thomas, but that could change. They drafted two receivers and his style of play is becoming outdated. That’s the same reason that Dez Bryant didn’t make my top 100 either. That, and he doesn’t have a team.
- I’m not going to buy into the Jimmy Graham hype. He’s not worth the price to me considering Aaron Rodgers’ preferred prototypical target.