I’m not projecting any trades involving 1st round picks in this one. My next Mock (which drops on Wednesday 4/24) will have some trades projected.
1) Arizona – QB Kyler Murray (Oklahoma)
2) San Francisco – EDGE Nick Bosa (Ohio State)
Best edge rusher in the draft and the 49ers don’t blink.
4) Oakland – DT Quinnen Williams (Alabama)
BPA here and Oakland has a lot of holes to fill on defense
5) Tampa Bay – LB Devin White (LSU)
Their LB group is pathetic and White can be a leader on defense for them.
Sweat is the best overall athlete remaining here. Sweat should add tenacity as GM David Gettleman refuses to acknowledge he has an Eli Manning problem.
7) Jacksonville – OT Jawaan Taylor (Florida)
They outspent everyone for Nick Foles and overpaid because they wanted to send a message to the lockerroom. The only message I’m getting is that they don’t understand how valuation works. Jawaan Taylor will be inserted at RT to help keep Foles up and allow Leonard Fournette to average 3.2 YPC.
8) Detroit – TE TJ Hockenson (Iowa)
9) Buffalo – DT Ed Oliver (Houston)
I think the Bills are taking either Oliver or Hockenson, depending on whatever one falls to them here at 9. Oliver at the 3T position on the DL will be Sean McDermott’s new favorite toy on defense. He could be the steal of the draft here.
10) Denver – QB Drew Lock (Missouri)
John Elway gets another chance to swing and miss on a franchise QB. The reports for months have been that they love Drew Lock. If you really love a player, you take them no matter where you’re picking.
11) Cincinnati – QB Dwayne Haskins (Ohio State)
Haskins needs time to develop. Andy Dalton has 1 year left on his contract. Ohio hero stays in the state.
12) Green Bay – TE Noah Fant (Iowa)
13) Miami – EDGE Clelin Ferrell (Clemson)
#TankForTua is underway. Grab the underrated Ferrell to terrorize the young QB’s in your division while Ryan Fitzpatrick leads a glorious 4-12 campaign this season.
14) Atlanta – IDL Christian Wilkins (Clemson)
Literally anybody on the defensive line is a good pick for Atlanta as that unit downright sucked last year. Wilkins will be a nice addition. This is a team I could see trading up for Oliver if they really love him.
15) Washington – WR D.K. Metcalf (Ole Miss)
Assuming they trade for Rosen, they should give him a big weapon to throw to. He’ll need a year to fully live up to the spot where he is selected, but I have faith in Metcalf.
16) Carolina – OL Jonah Williams (Alabama)
Mother of God do they need OL help to keep Cam Newton healthy. Williams should be an instant improvement who can play any position on the OL.
LOLOLOLOL Dave Gettleman declares he answered the complaints about no young QB by taking one of my least favorite QB’s of this class. I’m just waiting for them to extend Eli for 2 more seasons. This has all the makings of a bust pick.
18) Minnesota – OT Andre Dillard (Wash St)
Easiest pick outside of the top-10 here. If this is how the board falls, Minnesota can’t run up fast enough with this pick.
19) – Tennessee – EDGE Brian Burns (Florida St)
This is a prime tradeout spot, but Burns is so good that Mike Vrabel can’t pass up the opportunity to bring him in.
20) – Pittsburgh – LB Devin Bush (Michigan)
21) – Seattle – WR AJ Brown (Ole Miss)
You just signed Russell Wilson to the richest contract in NFL history. You should probably get him some athletic WR’s to work with. AJ Brown is my WR1 but comes with much less hype than DK Metcalf
22) – Baltimore – WR Hakeem Butler (Iowa St)
23) – Houston – C Garrett Bradbury (NC State)
Just like the Vikings, literally any OL will work here. Bradbury just happens to be the best one on the board.
24) – Oakland – CB Byron Murphy (Washington)
Byron Murphy is CB1 for me and they need one badly.
25) – Philadelphia – OL Chris Lindstrom (Boston College)
I think the plan for Doug Pedersen is to keep Carson Wentz a little more upright this season and Lindstrom is a monster on the IOL.
26) – Indianapolis – WR N’Keal Harry (Arizona St)
27) – Oakland – RB Josh Jacobs (Alabama)
Jacobs will be the workhorse for Oakland and try to run everyone over.
29) – Kansas City – DT Dre’Mont Jones (Ohio State)
The Chiefs remember how New England ran all over them in the playoffs. Doubling up on Jones’s isn’t a bad step to rectifying that.
30) – Green Bay – EDGE Rashan Gary (Michigan)
BPA here. Gary slides down and the Packers are beneficiaries. His lack of production in college will scare a lot of teams.
Talib and Peters are getting old and frankly not that good. They need youth at the position. Williams is CB1 for a lot of people in this draft.
32) – New England – DL Jeffrey Simmons (Miss St)
New England essentially makes it so that they have 2 first round picks in 2020 by giving Simmons a redshirt season in 2019.