Hey Razzballers. Reid here going to give you a quick mock draft based on how Free Agency and trades have played out so far. I’ll be projecting some modest trades and will give some commentary on some notable/curious picks.
- Cleveland – QB Sam Darnold (USC)
- NY Giants – DE Bradley Chubb (NC State)
- NY Jets – QB Josh Allen (Wyoming)
- Cleveland – RB Saquon Barkley (Penn State)
- Denver – OG Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame)
- Buffalo (trade w/IND) – QB Josh Rosen (UCLA)
- Tampa Bay – S Minkah Fitzpatrick (Alabama)
- Chicago – S Derwin James (Florida State)
- San Francisco – DE/LB Trumaine Edmunds (Virginia Tech)
- Arizona (trade w/Oakland) – QB Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma)
- Miami – CB Denzel Ward (Ohio State)
- Indianapolis (trade w/Buffalo) – DE Marcus Davenport (UTSA)
- Washington – LB Roquon Smith (Georgia)
- Green Bay – OT Mike McGlinchey (Notre Dame)
- Oakland – CB Jaire Alexander (Louisville)
- Baltimore – WR Courtland Sutton (SMU)
- LA Chargers – DT Vita Vea (Washington)
- Seattle – DE Harold Landry (Boston College)
- Dallas – WR Calvin Ridley (Alabama)
- Detroit – DT Da’Ron Payne (Alabama)
- Cincinnati – C James Daniels (Iowa)
- New Orleans (trade w/IND) – QB Lamar Jackson (Louisville)
- New England – DT Taven Bryan (Florida)
- Carolina – WR D.J. Moore (Maryland)
- Tennessee – OT Will Hernandez (UTEP)
- Atlanta – CB Josh Jackson (Iowa)
- Indianapolis (trade w/NO) – RB Derrius Guice (LSU)
- Pittsburgh – LB Leighton VanderEsch (Boise St)
- Jacksonville – LB Rashaan Evans (Alabama)
- NY Giants (trade w/Min) – QB Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State)
- New England – CB Mike Hughes (UCF)
- Philadelphia – OG Isaiah Wynn (Georgia)
Notable Picks and Reasons:
The reason: They don’t plan on playing him this year (Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater should handle all of the snaps) and they can’t get over his upside. Allen is a very polarizing project and I think will either be a HOF’er or will be a massive bust. I don’t see any middle ground for him.
6). Buffalo trades up for Josh Rosen.
The reason: Most polished passer in the draft. I have yet to see one good reason why the Bills wouldn’t be interested in Rosen. I also just want to say that the comments from his UCLA coach Jim Mora Jr might be some of the dumbest criticisms I’ve seen. Only takeaway I have from those “millennials” comments is that Jim Mora Jr is an awful coach who has no chance at connecting with modern players. Buffalo gets lucky that Indy feels more inclined to trade this pick.
10). Arizona trades up to grab Baker Mayfield.
The reason: Behind Buffalo, is there another team more desperate for a QB than Arizona out of this draft? By the time Baker starts, he’ll have David Johnson there to make sure nothing gets too overloaded for him and maybe another twilight run by Larry Fitzgerald to help.
22). New Orleans trades up for Lamar Jackson
The reason: Indy still wants all of the picks and gets an extra 2nd round pick by moving down 5 spots. The Saints view Jackson and the heir to Drew Brees and are forced to get ahead of New England due to the hype of the Patriots grabbing QB.
The reason: Again, jumping the Patriots and making sure they get an heir apparent to Eli Manning. Rudolph can learn in the film room with one of the more seasoned vets in the game. Big thing to note here is that because Rudolph would be a 1st round pick, the NYG would have the ever-coveted 5th year option for him should that time come.
Writers Note: I’ve had to redo and edit this mock draft at least 6 times because of certain reports and then trades (Looking at you Rams and Patriots) that shake up everything. If there’s something you disagree with or have some inside info on a direction a certain team may go, don’t hesitate to post in the comments section below. Thanks for reading.