Clap once if your owner is sick of your sh*t. Clap twice if you got washed at home by Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills on Thanksgiving. Clap ferociously if the Miami Dolphins kept you in the division race!! Jason Garrett needs to send 100 Christmas gift baskets to DeVante Parker’s home. All of the lotions, candy canes, Starbucks special blends, hot chocolate, maybe even a Visa gift card or two.
DeVante Parker’s career was looking dead in the water after 4 disappointing seasons as a first round draft pick from the great University of Louisville that lost me money this weekend against Kentucky. DeVante Parker has completely turned it around in 2019. In fact, he is now an every week fantasy football starter and it’s not close going into the playoffs. Parker is easily on pace for his first 1,000 yard season and his previous career high was 744. Parker is just 4 receptions short of his previous career high and already has 2 more touchdowns than his previous highest mark.
There’s definitely a possibility that Adam Gase is the match that lit the dumpster fire that were his first 4 seasons. In fact, it’s most likely a large factor. Playing with Ryan Fitzpatrick has also most likely been a game changer for Parker. Also, Brian Flores just seems like a delight to play for. He cares, you can tell. I picked up on this during their Monday Night Football game against the Steelers. It’s a totally different culture in Miami. And sometimes, a different culture is what a player needs, even if a change to a different squad doesn’t happen. Here is what else I saw in the early slate on Sunday.
- The Jonathan Williams dream is over. Williams had 8 carries for 14 yards in the first half and didn’t see the field in the second half for whatever reason. My curiosity led me to a quick twitter search only to find pissed off fantasy owners, but no injury news. A quick search on my fantasy app labeled him as healthy. I don’t know what to tell you guys. Anyways, Jordan Wilkins paced the Colt’s backfield with 11 carries for 47 yards.
- I don’t even want to talk about Zach Pascal, when do you start this guy? Obviously only when T.Y. Hilton is inactive, but that’s still a roll of the dice. Anyways, Jack Doyle took advantage of Eric Ebron’s absence with 6 catches for 73 yards and a touchdown.
- Derrick Henry is an unstoppable force lately. In the last 3 games, his lowest rushing yard total is 149 yards and he has 5 touchdowns in this span. Henry already has his career high in rushing yards with 1,140 with 4 games still to go.
- If it weren’t for the 101 rushing yards and two touchdowns, Lamar Jackson would have been held in check on Sunday.
- Raheem Mostert is taking over the 49ers’ backfield. Coleman carried the ball 5 times for 6 yards and Mostert carried it 19 times for 146 yards and a touchdown.
- Carolina is so terrible against the run. Derrius Guice and Adrian Peterson combined for 228 yards and 3 touchdowns on the ground. On 23 carries…
- We had a Curtis Samuel sighting! 4 catches for 65 yards and a touchdown.
- Cincinnati was bound to stop somebody and who better than one of my favorite quarterbacks in Sam Darnold. Jamison Crowder caught 2 passes for 8 yards. Whatever, man.
- Tyler Boyd is quietly turning it on for his fantasy owners. It doesn’t hurt to have Andy Dalton back under center for him. This week, Boyd caught 5 passes for 59 yards and a touchdown.
- Jameis Winston didn’t throw an interception for an entire football game! But he did turn it over on a sack/fumble. No touchdown passes either, you can’t win with this guy. Wait, yes you can, he’s a QB1 for the year.
- It was SUPPOSED to be a Ronald Jones II day, but Peyton Barber took both of the touchdowns and 11 more carries than Jones.
- DJ Chark was quiet, but Dede Westbrook caught 5 passes for 60 yards and a touchdown.
- Nick Foles was pulled after a pathetic first half at home against a terrible defense. Gardner Minshew actually threw a touchdown pass in the second half. We’ve got a quarterback controversy!
- Baker started off strong, but ended the day with only 1 touchdown and 194 passing yards. It’s always tough sledding playing in Pittsburgh.
- Kareem Hunt cut into Nick Chubbs work on something. I’m just saying that it’s something to monitor going forward.