Amazing, isn’t it, my Razzballers? The Fantasy Football playoffs are on the immediate horizon. Seems like only yesterday we were doing mock drafts and arguing about whether to take Adrian Peterson or Doug Martin with the first pick. Hope you went AP. We were all so young, bright-eyed and hopeful then. Sing it: We are the world, we are the children. Three months later, we are a disgruntled bunch of misanthropes throwing back cheap scotch at 8 am, licking our nicotine patches and staring into the dark abyss of Week 11. If you drafted Arian Foster or Aaron Rodgers, it may be time to take up Fantasy Curling. It’s HUGE in Canada. Ask our touque wearing podcast host Nick. He bailed on his team three weeks ago to concentrate on Canada’s national pastime. For the rest of us more “serious” fantasy ballers, it’s time to start thinking a step ahead of the competition and improve our playoff seeds. There is no loyalty when it comes to this silly little game. It’s time to bail on players dragging you down. So long Trent Richardson, your dead to me. Bye, bye, Stevie Johnson, your mom’s here. Colin Kaepernick? Meet me down by the stream so I can tell you about the rabbits. We’re looking for men not mice. It’s time to make the playoff push. It’s time to jam it or cram it.Please, blog, may I have some more?
Now I wish to start this post off by saying I’m a Seahawks fan. I’m not a loud-mouthed one nor am I looking at this game as any form of victory. The Rams whooped their butts and if they had any type of QB at the helm to run this offense more efficiently, Seattle would’ve/could’ve/should’ve lost this one. It was terrible on multiple facets but I’m gonna admit I came away impressed with a player from Saint Louis tonight. His name is Zac Stacy and he done good. Against one of the better defenses in the league, Stacy touted the rock 26 times for 134 yards. Not only was the volume night to see but averaging 5.2 ypc against a defense that was typically only giving up 3.7 and had only given up 641 total on the year, which is good enough for 6th best in the league? Flex those pecs son, you owned this game. Now I’m gonna throw a comparison out there but keep in mind I’m horrible at these. At least my wife thinks so. I told her she looked like Anna Gunn from Breaking Bad. Seriously, I know she’s an annoying character but look past that, honey! The hair, the eyes, the smile. Sorry, it’s all there. Yes, I’ll sleep on the couch tonight…but where was I? Oh yeah, the comp. Now I’m not saying he is exactly this but I saw a bit of Ray Rice in how he ran the ball tonight. Big body between the tackles that can turn a 2 to 3 yard carry into a 5 to 6 yard one with a few wiggles and you barely see him do it. Keep in mind I’m talking strictly about how he runs. Not what he’ll do rest of season nor his future prospects but I will say I was thoroughly impressed. Here’s to hoping that ankle sprain at the end of the game is very minor. I’d love to see if Zac is an RB maniac. In other 2013 Fantasy Football news…Please, blog, may I have some more?
Welcome to Bet the Farm, Razzball’s weekly NFL wagering contest. We’re back for our second season and ready to take you on over the course of 17 weeks of NFL play. For those new to the game, here are the rules:
- You start with $1,000 in contest money to make wagers with. You may join in any week.
- You can wager on the spread or Over/Under for any NFL game, so long as your pick is made by kickoff of that game. The Yahoo Sports Odds page is a good place to get betting lines: you may use the best line you find available when you make your post, but revisions to wagers are not allowed.
- Your wager must be in an increment of $10.
- You must beat the House: Therefore, you only receive 90% of your wager for a win ($9 on a $10 bet), but lose 100% of your wager on a loss.
- Your wager may be any amount between $10 and your full bankroll.
- New this year: If you lose your entire bankroll, you are allowed a re-buy for another $1,000. Unlimited re-buys are available.
- New this year: Bet the Farm staff will keep track of the full leaderboard for all participants. However, any player who has taken a re-buy will be listed below all players who have not taken a re-buy – even those with lower current balances. It’s always better to not lose all your money. Players with two re-buys will be listed below those with one re-buy, and so on.
Standings After Week 7:Please, blog, may I have some more?