We haven’t reached the end of the 2015 Fantasy Football Season yet, nay, we are still smack dab right in the middle of it, but I wanted to talk about some exciting new thing-a-ma-jigs that we’re working on that will be released this season and the next. And what falls under the umbrella of “thing-a-ma-jigs”? Well, technically nothing, since that idiom makes zero sense. But, after the jump, I’m going to go over some new tools, mini-games, and contests that we are working on, all to make your Fantasy Football life easier, more enjoyable, and a lot more successful.
New to Daily Fantasy Football? Try out this new free FanDuel’s contest, where half the league is guaranteed to win. (Played on FanDuel before? You can build a team for $5 for a chance of $100,000, part of a one million dollar prize pool!)
- I’m happy to announce that before the season ends, we’ll be releasing the beta of our new “Razzball Start ‘Em and Sit ‘Em Tool” that will allow you to select two different players and then the tool will let you know which one you should start over the other, all with the press of a button. These results will be based on our Razzball rankings, and the tool will update any time those rankings are updated. A simple, easy way to get the answers you need, especially if you’re in a time crunch.
- Obviously, Daily Fantasy has taken hold of the entire sports market. Whether that’s good or bad, well, that discussion is above my pay grade. All I know is, I play a little bit, and it’s pretty fun. Sure, there is certainly a level of saturation that everyone has noticed (and chided), so we’ve tried to implement Daily Fantasy in the least abrasive way possible. We don’t have any pop-ups, annoying ads on our front page, and our DFS content is focused on just one post per week, yet we are still have to provide access to contests every single day (as you can see from above) for those of you who are interested. However, we do understand that this mode of fantasy sports isn’t for everyone. So starting this week, we’ll be starting Razzball-only contests, where you, the reader, will be able to spend just $5.00 and take on Razzball writers (myself included and MY money on the line) for a prize pool. We’ll be using FanDuels to host these “Weekly Razzball Money Contests“, but instead of going against many thousands of people, you’ll be going against myself and your favorite writers and your fellow readers, no one else. The leagues will start with a $5.00 buy-in and and the 12 highest scoring teams will win part of the prizepool, with the top prize of $60.00 going to the winner. Join here!
- Next season, we’ll be launching a new mini-game that you may be familiar with: “NFL Razzball Pick ‘Em“. The idea is simple, we’ll be setting this up on-site and you’ll be able to pick, each week, which NFL team will win and whoever has the most correct predictions at the end of the season will win some prizes. We’ll be running this as a complimentary contest along with our popular Razzball Commenter Leagues, and this is a completely free contest.
- And one of my favorite tools that we are working on, (the beta should be ready for next season), will be our “Razzball Lineup Optimizer“. In the mold of the “Start ‘Em and Sit ‘Em Tool”, this tool will analyze your entire roster and produce a starting lineup that will offer your best chance to win. Best part is, we’ll be implementing this for both regular Fantasy Football and Daily Fantasy.
- Last but not least, all these tools will be free to use. There will be no pay-wall, and all of you will be able to access these new tools any time you’d like!
Now comes the most important part, with all these new projects set to be released over the next year, we’re always looking to provide helpful analysis while making fun of your mom. And you guys are going to be a huge part in making these tools better just simply by using them and giving us feedback. Thank you for that. But maybe there’s something else that you, as readers and Fantasy Football players, would like to see here on the site? Let us know if there’s a tool, a subject, or any idea that you might have that would make your Razzball stay more enjoyable…