Week 3’s rankings contain some unprecedented highs and lows. Forging through the IDP frontier takes fortitude, moxie, and hopefully a solid smartphone/laptop to add and drop players periodically. So, let’s briefly blast into an index of guys that tenaciously defend television’s superimposed yellow first down marker while scoring fantasy points in the process:
‘Backers in the front let your feet stomp:
James Anderson/Dan Connor (CAR)
– With Beason and Davis unthinkably gone for the year after 2 weeks Anderson and Connor move into the top 30.
Nick Barnett (BUF)
– Racking up tackles like Jack Bauer racks up “Damnits” in high-scoring Bills
Sean Lee (DAL)
– The “Linebacker U” product looks like a top 10 tackler out there on Sunday, Monday and the occasional Thursday/Saturday.
Captains of Morgan:
Morgan Burnett (GB – DB)
– Nick Collins is now on IR and I’m putting a boat load of chips on Mr.Burnett’s IDP number the rest of the way.
Derrick Morgan (TEN – DL)
– Only one game back and I’m already throwing him in the top 20? Indeed, his upside and price are worth the risk, so take off your glasses and get in the pool!