I had always thought that spreading the sport of football to Great Britain was seemingly a waste of time. Finally, I can say that the NFL agrees with me. By sending the Jets and Dolphins to London it almost assuredly guarantees that the NFL will spread like frozen butter. Yes, that’s the best I could come up with. On top of having to wake up earlier than normal to start watching football (first world problems), we also have our first bye week to contend with, losing such powerhouse franchises like the Patriots and, uh… the Titans (THEY ARE THE BESTEST FRANCHISE EVER) this weekend. However, there are still some intriguing Early Game match-ups, including the Giants vs. Bills, and Derpfest 2015: Eagles vs. Washington. There’s also a Raiders vs. Bears game, just in case you needed more “stabbing your eyes with the nearest sharp object” in your life. So what I’m basically saying is, my alcohol consumption will be beginning at 9:30 A.M. EDT today. Thanks NFL!
Rankings have been updated for today’s game and you can find them here.
New to Daily Fantasy Football? Try out this new free FanDuel’s contest, where half the league is guaranteed to win. (Played on FanDuel before? You can build a team for $5 for a chance of $100,000, part of a one million dollar prize pool!)
- Ravens are currently in a “wait and see” mode with receiver Steve Smith as he’s dealing with four broken ribs from Thursday night’s game against the Steelers. There is a possibility that he could play through the injury, but the Ravens have already traded a conditional draft pick to the Rams for Chris Givens, and Smith has been ruled out for at least Week 5. Kamar Aiken is the guy to own, but the group of receivers as a whole is ridiculously bad. It’s a good thing they have an elite quarterback to elevate their play.
- With Davante Adams still struggling with his ankle injury, it’s being reported that Ty Montgomery will be getting another long look. I mean, we can look at him all we want, but unless the report says he’s going to get passes, than I’m still expecting James Jones to be the main recipient of stealing points away from Randall Cobb.
- There were rumblings that Arian Foster bought 20 tickets to the game against the Falcons, which might mean something, but probably means nothing. He could be inviting 20 friends and family to watch him play or invite 19 friends and family to watch with him. Correction: He is now starting. Consider him a start for all your fantasy lineups.
- Alshon Jeffrey has been ruled out, f*cking over teams for the third week in a row. Never has hamstring ever dragged the word “ham” through mud like this.
- LeSean McCoy has been ruled out as well, thus adding fuel to the Karlos Williams hype train. Top-10 option for me, so feel free and get hype!
Carroll said Lynch’s first hamstring MRI showed nothing, but second showed “some findings.” Left it at that. #Seahawks
— Liz Mathews 710 ESPN (@Liz_Mathews) October 3, 2015
- What does that even mean? I, too, have some findings. I’m not going to tell you what they are or what they do, but only that I have it. Exactly. Seriously, is this proof that they discovered Marshawn Lynch actually has hamstrings? That’s how I’m reading it. For what it’s worth, it’s a 60% chance he doesn’t play, so get Rawled up folks…
- There is still some concern with Andrew Luck, mostly because Matt Hasselback is the backup, but also because the Colts can’t capitalize on a sh*tty AFC South without Luck to drag the team to the line right above mediocrity. He’s going to be a close call and a game time decision, but I’d say he starts. Correction: Looks like he’s a no go today…