Here is another week of organizing the defensive statistics and attempting to make recommendations based on your QB, WR, or TE’s matchup. This data may have an extra significance because byes start this week. For example if you have Jason Witten, you can sort this table to rank teams by most points given up to TEs. You only need this TE for one week, so analyzing their one week matchup is of extra benefit to you.
Good luck in week 5 and beyond. As always I have included a few specific observations.
– Sit Brady…just checking to see if you were paying attention. Although Brady had a tough matchup against the Jets, Tom is always a must start.
– Despite what happened to Mark Sanchez last week against the Ravens and what Rex Ryan is saying about ground and pound I believe Sanchez will have a productive week. The Pats are good against the run and bad against the pass. The Jets will have to take what the defense gives them to win.
– Atlanta and Green Bay will have a shootout. Matt Ryan is a great start this week.
– Mike Wallace and Wes Welker are both must starts, but taper expectations this week.
– Vincent Jackson is in line for another huge game.
– This could be the week Tampa Bay Mike Williams breaks out. San Fran is great against the run and poor against the pass.
– Owen Daniels and Jermichael Finley are both every week starters, especially in a bye week, but they may underachieve this weekend.[table “42” not found /]