The season is now in full swing, with the first Sunday of football for 2015 season bringing us a fantastic slate of games. Do you want action? Do you want drama? Do you want romance? I WANT ALL OF THESE THINGS. Well, then I present to you the Browns versus the Jets. Haha, just kidding… but this is Week 1… I wouldn’t have really minded that being the premier match-up… well, for at least a few minutes. Honestly, what can you say about Jets that would excite anyone? And what can you say about that Browns that hasn’t already been said about Iraq? Nada, to use a parlance of our times. But there are some actual marquee match-ups this Sunday morning, including, but not limited to the Bears hosting the Packers, the newly revamped Bills facing off against the Colts, and a battle of cats between the Panthers and Jaguars. Then there’s an interesting NFC West match-up involving the Seahawks and Rams, which I’m sure will include Pete Carroll smacking his jaw like a guy who just did coke after being clean for 20 years…
Our rankings have been updated for today’s games and can be found here.
New to Daily Fantasy Football? I am too! I’m trying out this new free FanDuel’s contest, where half the league is guaranteed to win. If you want, you can join up with me! (Played FanDuel before? You can build a team for $5 for a chance of $100,000, part of a one million dollar prize pool!)
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 11, 2015
- I wouldn’t drop Lamar Miller just yet, but it’ll be interesting to see how Jonas Gray actually does on a team that doesn’t send him to the corner. I’m not saying he’s that “game against the Colts” type of guy, as I could have probably gotten 200 yards against that defense last season, but depth is depth is depth. Is depth, if you didn’t catch that.
- C.J. Spiller has broken his hype train once again (by landing his knee on said train), and this knee issue is concerning to say the least, as he’s a “50/50” for Week 2. As a message to all the first time owners of Spiller out there that was looking for a buy-low on draft day… welcome brothers! Let’s swim together in this pool of tears and broken souls. After party is hosted by JaMarcus Russell.
- Ameer Abudullah is expected to get a bulk of the work later today, even with the return of Joique Bell. I’m leaning towards the always popular “I’ll believe it when I see it”, but there’s no doubt that if given the chance, Abudullah can be a top producer.
- An AFC pro director (he’s so pro guys) told Albert Breer, of NFL Network, that Peyton Manning‘s arm strength looks “significantly diminished”. In other news, water is wet, sky is blue. I still think he can produce good numbers this season, but it’s no secret that his arm strength is breaking down pretty rapidly, and today’s game will illuminate how well he’s feeling. There’s also this… so let’s just see what happens.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 13, 2015
- I have the sneaking suspicion that Alshon Jeffrey might be out there just as a decoy… but he could also have a 100-yard game, we just have no idea. I do like Eddie Royal a lot today still (especiall in PPR Leagues), but in terms of Jeffrey, I think you just have to go with that famous old mantra: start your studs…