With no other “marquee” match-ups for the early slate of games this Sunday, I suppose I’m pigeon-hole’d into discussing the always “just about mediocre” rivalry of the Bengals and the Ravens. Not quite up to par with the Steelers and Ravens rivalry, which usually involves a lot of angst and stabbings (Ray Lewis misses those days), the Bengals and Ravens yearly face-off’s are like the adopted child of the AFC North’s divisional games. Baltimore has seen a bit more success in the playoffs in recent memory, but that’s only because I’m comparing them to the Bengals, who last won a playoff game during the Hoover administration. This very early 2015 season though, favors Cincinnati with their 2-0 start. You might say it’s because of Skyline Chili, but then I would say, have you ever had Skyline Chili? Rather, it’s probably from the surprisingly steady play from Andy Dalton. The Ravens could have a difficult road ahead if they lose and go 0-3, but they do have Murphy’s Law on their side. Which usually ends up being the best weapon against Dalton. Plus, the Ravens have the most elite quarterback in the NFL. His 2015 fourth-quarter passing rating of 34.6 and two interceptions proves this as fact. An elite fact if you will…
Rankings have been updated for today’s games, and can be found here.
New to Daily Fantasy Football? Try out this new free FanDuel’s contest, where half the league is guaranteed to win. (Played on FanDuel before? You can build a team for $5 for a chance of $100,000, part of a one million dollar prize pool!)
- Tom Coughlin said that “he’s been told” Victor Cruz will play in Week 4. I think it’s cute they haven’t sent him off to the old peoples home yet. While they’re at it, maybe they could also tell him that he needs a functioning running back too.
- Jeff Legwold (a character in National Lampoon’s I believe) stated that C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman will continue to “split” carries.
- The Packers have listed Eddie Lacy and Davante Adams as “questionable”, but Lacy was able to participate in team reps. Which only adds reasonable assumption that Lacy may play. Or he may not. It’s all still very questionable.
- Hue Jackson has said that he plans on using Jeremy Hill as his “workhorse” today against the Ravens. Because I guess there are no such things as workcows.
- The Rams are planning for rookie Todd Gurley to make his debut today. I’m planning to date Emma Stone, so let’s see how both of these plans work out…
According to @StatsOnFire, this is the first time the McCown brothers have played at the same time since December 9, 2007.
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 25, 2015
Truly the seventh sign that the world is ending…
- Marshawn Lynch is dealing with a calf injury and will be a game time decision. (Though, reports are leaning towards him starting.) I’m assuming that they will be feeding his calves Skittles, but I’m also not a doctor, so there’s a small chance they won’t be using this method.