I did a draft at the site RotoBowl the other day in hopes that I can win some big money and thought I’d take a look see at my team out here in the light of day. I’m always afraid of what I might see! Before we get on with the show I’m also doing a salary cap league over there and they gave us a nice deal if you use the promo code 15OFF to get $15 off your entry which makes it $9.95. I’m a salary cap fiend so I couldn’t pass that up. Anyway, on to my team. Let’s see how bad they suck.
2. Adrian Peterson: I was all set to take Ray Rice at #2 here since it is a 1 PPR league., but was scooped and had to settle for AP. I’ll take it.
23. Steven Jackson: I don’t have a ton of faith in SJax, but do feel like he’ll have more room to roam in McDaniels’ offense and will see more goal line looks. At 23 overall he has plenty of value.
47. Mario Manningham: I reached on Mario a little here, but I’m going for upside for the most part and Manningham has plenty to go around. And I had Jermichael Finley queued up and he went RIGHT before my pick. I cried.
50. Mark Ingram: I’m sticking to my prediction of 10+ touchdowns for Ingram. That makes him worth a pick here.
71. Tony Romo: I am very happy that Antonio dropped to me here. I’ve been trying to get him in every draft, but of course got stuck in the Peyton Manning vortex when I thought I was stealing him. I wasn’t.
74. Joseph Addai: I think Carter hurts his value a lot this year, but he will be useful in PPR all season.
95. Danny Amendola: My PPR stud.
98. Jared Cook: I was scooped on the tight ends I wanted so I waited and grabbed Cook. I’m liking him quite a bit and think his upside is top 5 like.
119. Willis McGahee: I don’t love him, but he’s in a run first offense and gets the goal line chances. His opportunity is probably better than his skill.
122. Joe Flacco: Flacco is a strong backup for Romo. The addition of Lee Evans should help him.
143. Stevan Ridley: I love me some Ridley. He’s a project, but I like him to take over eventually.
146. Lance Kendricks: Cook paired with Kendricks is perfect for the tight end position if you wait. Both have breakout potential. I think I can get at least top 10 production from them, hopefully more.
167. Denarius Moore: Took a flier on the preseason wonder Moore here. He could end up the #1 receiver in Oakland with Zach Miller gone.
170. Jacquizz Rodgers: My high upside running back back ups were getting scooped right and left. I like Rodgers, but his path to enough touches is cloudy.
194. Brent Celek: Since tight ends can be flexed I was hoping to grab Finley and then upside guys like Cook and Kendricks, but it just didn’t work out so I decided to grab Celek here. I think he’ll see more looks than last season.
215. Cam Newton: Unfortunately during the draft I noticed that Flacco and Romo had the same bye. I like Newton’s upside and needed a fill in.
239. Cleveland Browns: They face Dalton, Collins, then Henne to start the season.