Lots of football reporters, analysts, and bloggers like to wait till Monday or Tuesday morning to talk about what they saw, rate their teams’ performance, and to criticize the “poor” coaching decisions made on Sunday. But me? I like to do it before it even happens. I prefer this method because if ESPN is any proof, making crazy illogical predictions that never come true isn’t frowned upon, it’s encouraged! So here are some bold predictions I think we’ll see week 3 in the NFL:
1) Michael Vick scores a touchdown running, or throwing, or catching. Supposedly the Eagles have “extensive” looks/plays setup for the former “Michael Vick Experience.” Just put in your waiver claim now, then trade him for Super Mario (Giants WR Mario Manningham).
2) The Detroit Lions end their 18 game losing streak. Also note, this marks the beginning of the end for Jim Zorn. Expect Mike Shanahan to be named head coach for next season.
3) The Packers put on an offensive clinic in St. Louis. If you have any Packers on your teams, start them and enjoy! After a disappointing loss to Cinci, I expect the Packers to bounce back in a big way.
4) Mark Sanchez improves to 3-0. The Jets D has looked impressive and Sanchez has proved he can “manage” games, however cliché it sounds.
5) Maurice Jones-Drew blows out his knee. Just a gut feeling. If it comes true, I’m totes sorry!
6) Their are 9 interceptions in the Monday night game: Carolina @ Dallas. At one point it appears both Delhomme and Romo are playing 500 with the opposing team. The game is won by Dallas when Romo purposely under-throws a “Jackpot” ball to his BFF Jason Witten.
Ronnie Brown rushes for 100+, the wildcat dominates, and Dolphins…lose a tight one in the 4th quarter to Philip Rivers and the Chargers. Oh wait did that already happen?
WR: Andre Johnson 165yd/2td, Greg Jennings 150/3, Reggie Wayne 115/2, Marques Colston 105/2