2014 In-Season Accuracy: 57.4% (25th out of 124 Experts, 60.6% Highest, 49.9% Lowest).
Week 5 Results: 56.5% (70th out of 131 Experts, 69.4% Highest, 47.0% Lowest).
I’ve been meaning to do a self-audit for a while now, a way of tracking how well I’ve been doing in regards to ranking accuracy. I find the whole endeavor interesting, in that, these accuracy scores provide a way to track how good or bad we are, as so-called “experts”, at being prescient. And it’s there for all the world to see, allowing all of you to find the “proof in the pudding”. Which is wonderful if it’s tapioca pudding. That being said, the whole endeavor can be nerve-racking. I’m not afraid to admit that I always have a bit of hesitancy before checking to see how I did the week prior. There’s no doubt in my mind that if my rankings made a poor showing week after week, I’d probably have to start looking for a new profession. But, worse than that, it would seem to be defeating the purpose of, at least, 10% of what this site is for, and that’s helping your fantasy team with fun, thoughtful, and engaging analysis on a daily basis. The other 90%, of course, being d*ck and fart jokes. So for every rankings post from here on out, you’ll always get my results at the top, same as the past installments, but now I’ll be including the following table that will be tracking my entire season. I may not be the top ranker out there, nor am I the worst, but I do want to be the most transparent.
|Score||Rank||Experts||Highest||Lowest||Score +/-||Rank +/-|
Well, there it is, feel free to assess the landscape as it stands. Like everything else in life, yeah, I’m thinking it could definitely use more bush.
And now, your Week 6 Rankings…
Note: These STANDARD and PPR rankings are for this week’s slate of games only. These rankings are not cumulative, nor are they an indicator of any future value. They are based solely on this week’s projected performance in regards to fantasy football production.