So, wouldn’t it be cool if you could take on some of your favorite contributors and all of the Razzball readers and commentators in one huge free fantasy football league? IT WOULD BE COOL YO. That’s why we made this possible. And why it was in all caps. Welcome to the 2014 Fantasy Football RCL. Where all of the Razzballers get to hang out, talk some football, and compete against each other in the game we all love. While we can’t create a 500 person league as of yet, since the technology has yet to be invented, what we can do is create multiple 12-person leagues and pit them all against each other. If you don’t like that, well, you can be the one to wait for the future to come. So enjoy those dragons with lasers. Who wear black leather. Blasting Daft Punk. ENJOY IT. However, if you are not such a timey prude, join us for some fantasy football funnage. Totally a word. So I present to you– the 2014 RCL Fantasy Football Season, with prizes!
Before you get started, I know that some of you out there may have never played fantasy football before. That’s okay! Razzball has a Beginners Fantasy Football Guide just for you. Maybe you’re a seasoned veteran, well, we have a 2014 Fantasy Football Draft Kit that’s being updated everyday, check it out. And can’t think of a team name? Check out our Fantasy Football Team Name Generator. Need some rankings? Oh, we got some Fantasy Football Rankings for ya! Now, let’s get to the good stuff…
Prize for Overall RCL Champion: A Fantasy League Champion Trophy, brought to you by our freinds at Far Out Awards.
Bonus Prize for Overall RCL Champion: Custom-Made Razzball Bobblehead Doll Set. (With two figurines, together, one with the likeness of myself, Jay, and the one of you, the winner!)
Okay, so it’s not exactly like above, unless you have a mustache like that AND want to marry me… but they are good examples of what you can expect. The likeness will be based off your submitted photo, and will read “Jay & (Your Name), Razzballers for Life” at the base. It will be a hand-sculpted 7-inch (approximate) tall figurine (2 people), sure to be the envy of everyone who visits your mom’s basement. Just be sure to cover my side with a napkin or something when the ladies come over. Not your mom though. She knows what’s up. Actually, now that I think of it, based on how I look, we might have a better example to show you of how this bobblehead doll set might turn out.
Prize for Commissioner of the League That Hosts the RCL CHAMPION: $50.00 Best Buy Gift Card.
You read it right folks. If you are the Commissioner of the league that our RCL Champion is in, you get a prize. So what should you do? Follow the instructions below to create a league. The more leagues you create and fill, the greater the chance you have of hosting the eventual winner. Create as many as you want… just make sure to get them filled, so go nuts!
Tehol thinks that, with the power of his Elder Gods, he is unbeatable. And guess what? He’s willing to put some pretty smooth cottons on the line. Are you brave enough to battle not just his fantasy football wit, but his fantasy football loins? If you so choose to take this challenge, you are a braver person than I, that’s for sure.
Please Note: Razzball contributors, while allowed to participate, are not eligible for prizes. If a Razzball contributor is RCL Champion, the Grand Prize will go to the next highest scoring player, and that Grand Prize will be a $100.00 Best Buy gift card. If a Razzball contributor hosts the RCL Champion in his/her league, the next highest scorer’s league Commissioner will receive the $50.00 Best Buy gift card.
TO START A LEAGUE:
– Go to this link.
– Click on “Create a league” (Enter in Yahoo log-in, or you can use your Facebook or Google log-in as well.)
– Enter in “League Name” and your Draft time information, then select “Customize settings“.
– Go to the top of the page and make sure you have the “Rules” tab selected, find “Playoffs” and change to WEEK 14, 15 AND 16 (6 TEAMS). Then find “Max Teams” and change to TWELVE (12). Then find “Make league publicly viewable” and change to YES.
– Go back to the top of the page and select the “Roster” tab. Find “Wide Receiver/Running Back/Tight End (W/R/T)” and change to ONE (1).
– Go back to the top of the page and select the “Scoring” tab. Find “Receptions” under the Receiving section. Select the box next to “Receptions” and then type .5 in the field. (Note: must be typed in as .5 and not 0.5.)
– When finished, go back to the top of the page and select FINISH (Blue button, top right.)
– Almost done! Now that you are on your League Overview page (if not, select “League”, then right below the tab, select “Overview”), look to the top right of the page. You’ll see a large box that says “Finish Setting Up Your League”. Hit the arrows until you reach the “Invite Friends” tab and select that button. A box will appear that will have a link below (Example: http://y.ahoo.it/x0dbbuyp). Copy and paste that link into our Google Doc (see below), and fill out your other league information.
– That’s it! You should be all set. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask us in the comment section below. And if you feel like you’ve made a mistake, don’t worry! Yahoo allows you to change these settings before Draft Day. Just make sure you follow these instructions for your league to be eligible for the prizes.
TO JOIN A LEAGUE:
– Simply examine the Google Doc below, find a league and draft time that works for you, and click the “LINK” button in “League Link” column to be taken to the leagues home page. If the league is invite only, please email the contact.
Fantasy Football Razzball Commenter Leagues 2014: