This might seem like an inappropriate proposition when our lead this week has only 19 carries for 90 yards on the year with zero rushing TD’s, but trust me, I’m writing this with the best of intentions. Danny Woodhead was the apple of Phillip River’s eye this past weekend with his 5 catches for 54 yards and 2 TD’s. “But Jack, those are his only two TD’s on the season?” That is correct diligent commenter, but please let me finish. On the year he is second on the Chargers with 22 receptions, has provided a different look in the backfield with his 4.7 YPC and looks like he uses “what’s up brah” as a greeting. If you are looking for a bye week flyer or a potential PPR flex then look no further than Woodhead. Am I the only one here giggling every time I say his name? Before I move on to the ranks I want to pay my final respects to the 2013 Fantasy Baseball Season. It was one hell of a ride for those of us in the RCL and to my frequent commenters, I say thank you for making the ride that much better. Now I can fully throw myself into football, my 2nd fantasy love, and say goodbye to my old friend fantasy baseball. I was recently comforted by frequent commenter Kid A when he said that fantasy football was his methadone for fantasy baseball. Now I can sit back and drink my nice warm cup of fantasy methadone and give my proper dues to this icon and this icon. Without these two, none of this would be possible and with that I want to encourage all the Fantasy Footballers to give baseball a shot. Razzball makes the game that some view as meh, if you follow the guys on CBS, fun and a really good ride. Now on to the ranks…
FUZZY HANDCUFFS - They’re fun, sexy, and when someone breaks them out it’s good times ahead
1) Reggie Bush (Joique Bell (0) 11 touches and 42 total yards with zero TD’s. Was this a back to earth game or was this a Bush is on fire game and lets keep giving him the ball? I’d still use him in my flex in 12 team and deeper leagues and as a bye week filler…..or ahead of Daryl Richardson
2) CJ Spiller (Fred Jackson (+3), Tashard Choice) Monster TNF game for Jackson, 21 touches and 2 rushing TD’s. On the season TD’s – Jackson:4 Spiller:1
3) Arian Foster (Ben Tate (0) got 8 touches to Fosters 33, not promising, but is still the best back up in the game. Hold tight here.
STANDARD ISSUE POLICE CUFFS – Ever sat on a curb while your car was searched? Been in the back of a cruiser piss drunk after running into a tree before a big home game against the Colts?…too soon? Get caught by one time while taking a leak behind a dumpster and were worried you would have to register as a sex offender for indecent exposure? Like the strength of those cuffs, these cuffs are worth owning or being heavily watched in 10 team and up leagues. These backs are in split situations, have fuzzy cuff potential, and are solid fill ins when the starter is out.
4) Eddie Lacy (Johnathan Franklin (+5), James Starks (0) Not sure who is the starter this week and can’t wait to see how this one pans out. I would swoop any left out there until we know, or we may never know. Who knows? Most likely not a garbage time week for the Packers vs the Lions.
5) Ryan matthews ( Danny Woodhead (+8) Ronnie Brown) He’s my lead this week….see above
6) Steven Jackson ( Jaquizz Rodgers (+2) Jason Snelling (0) Neither got a ton of carries this past week but Jaquizz had 6 receptions out of the backfield. With S-Jax still out I could see using either as a flex or bye week stand in on Monday night vs. the Jets….if you’re desperate.
7) Steven Ridley (Brandon Bolden (0), LaGarrette Blount (+5) Blount looked solid in the three headed attack on Sunday night. I still like Bolden going forward but Blount showed up to party and ran through the holes with his 7.1 YPC like a 60′s frat boy in a toga.
8) Rashard Mendenhall (Andre Ellington (+1), Alfonso Smith, Stepfan Taylor) Mendenhall has been blah, his longest rush on the year is 11 yards. I’d stash Ellington if you own Mendenhall….I’d stash him if you don’t.
9) Ray Rice (Bernard Pierce (0), Shaun Draughn) Pierce’s 2.7 YPC is not sexy…not even close, but Rice has been blah with an extra side of meh with his 3.0 YPC. Yeah it’s ugly in Baltimore this year.
10) Darren Sproles (Pierre Thomas (0), Khiry Robinson (+7) Khiry led all Saints rushers on Monday night and has looked strong the past two weeks. If he keeps this up he’s gonna get fuzzy for me. Might not be a bad stash if your grasping at straws.
11) Knowshon Moreno (Ronnie Hillman (+3), Montee Ball (+2) Hillman has been getting a little more love the past two weeks and he was the announced starter going into the season…..cust kayin’
13) Darren McFaddenn (Rashad Jennings (+3), Marcel Reece (0) With Run DMC hurt and Reece on the mend, Jennings is the only healthy RB in Oaktown. Need a bye week stand in or draft MJD and David Wilson and are desperate to find anything with a pulse, then try Jennings.
14) Giovanni Bernard (BenJarvus Green-Ellis (0) Cincy may not have officially named him the starter but I am. GOB had 16 touches to the Law Firm’s 6. He’s the starter. I’m going to miss GOB, but sometimes your baby’s grow up and leave the bold print.
15) Lamar Miller (Daniel Thomas (+1), Mike Gillislee, Marcus Thigpen) Dolphins averaged 16.6 carries by RB’s the last three weeks…..Blah
16) LeSean McCoy (Bryce Brown (0) , Chris Polk) Injury = RB2
17) Marshawn Lynch (Robert Turbin (0) Christine Michael (0) Nothing to really say here…..Have you caught any of the new TV shows this fall? Thoughts?
18) Daryl Richardson (Zac Stacy (+5) Isaiah Pead, Benny Cunningham) The latest out of St.Louis is there is no starting running back. All the fingers are pointing at giving Zac Stacy a shot. I got him stashed in one league in hoping to catch lightning in a bottle…..uh, I mean 80 yards and a TD.
DUCT TAPE - Handcuffs of the homemade variety? Hey, you might be in a pinch and looking around your garage and you find man’s 2nd best tool, don’t make me explain our 1st. In the right instance they can be as secure as Tehol at a Victoria’s Secret model party or as volatile as Jaywrong trying to navigate the dating scene in the D.C. area. The thing with duct tape is you never know how it’s going to hold up, I’ve seen it last anywhere from a day to 10 years, you never know. These backs may be sexy but we’ll never know, back up studs, or are left for dead on really bad teams. Add at your own risk of never playing them.
19) Frank Gore (Kendall Hunter (0) LaMichael James)
20) Bilal Powell (Chris Ivory (0), Alex Green)
21) Chris Johnson (Shonn Greene (0), Jackie Battle)
22) Willis McGahee (Bobby Rainey (0), Chris Ogbonnaya)
23) Matt Forte (Michael Bush (0), Michael Ford)
24) DeAngelo Williams (Mike Tolbert (0) Kenjon Barner (+2)
25) Trent Richardson (Donald Brown (0), Ahmad Bradshaw) Bradshaw will be out for a while
26) DeMarco Murray (Lance Dunbar (0) Phillip Tanner, Joseph Randle)
27) Maurice Jones Drew (Jordan Todman (0) Justin Forsett)
28) Jamaal Charles (Knile Davis (0), Cyrus Grey)
29) Le’Veon Bell (Felix Jones (0), Issac Redman, Johnathan Dwyer)
30) David Wilson ( Brandon Jacobs (0), Michael Cox)
31) Adrian Peterson (Toby Gerhart (0)
32) Doug Martin (Brian Leonard (0) Mike James)
You can also follow me and ask me questions on twitter